Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ABT

Help Needed Against Unperforming Contractor

I have engage Sleek Interior Pte Ltd from Roxy Square(#02-38) at East Coast Road for some renovation works. It's been a 'nightmare' working with them the last 3 weeks.

Works are hardly progressing everyday and they (Francis/Ken) are not picking up my calls except lots of SMS after long periods without resolving anything.

They are avoiding my calls. They keep putting me as a monkey to be tossed around between them for clarification, ...,etc. They keep asking for additional charge and now says they need another 3 weeks. The original schedule is supposed to be a 1 week completion and 1 week touch up work.

Pitifully, I made a bad decision to pay them 85% when they start work. Does anyone knows how and who I should escalate this OR how I can get back my money for all other works that they have not done ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have engage Sleek Interior Pte Ltd from Roxy Square(#02-38) at East Coast Road for some renovation works. It's been a 'nightmare' working with them the last 3 weeks.

Works are hardly progressing everyday and they (Francis/Ken) are not picking up my calls except lots of SMS after long periods without resolving anything.

They are avoiding my calls. They keep putting me as a monkey to be tossed around between them for clarification, ...,etc. They keep asking for additional charge and now says they need another 3 weeks. The original schedule is supposed to be a 1 week completion and 1 week touch up work.

Pitifully, I made a bad decision to pay them 85% when they start work. Does anyone knows how and who I should escalate this OR how I can get back my money for all other works that they have not done ?

Isn't the payment supposed to be progressive payment? Try going CASE seek assistance.

I think that the progressive payment... 10% upon confirmation( sign up with the company),40% when work starts( id/contractor come take measurement, do markings, painting, tiling work is being carried on, etc) 40% before carpentry goes into fabrication( design finalised, etc), 10% upon completion.

For the 1st 3 stages already 90% being paid. So 85% might be for the first 3 stages.

ABT, i hope u have everything in black and white. But, even going to case/sct wont help much. The loopholes exist such that scruplous id/contractor can really escape. Even reporting to police will be treated as civil case n nothing much can be done. I know this is disheartening, but consumers law here is really weak.( based on what my neighbour who had been conned ).