Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tortoise

Steam Mop

Hello All,

Anybody using Steam Mop and are they worth getting over normal mopping?

Any brand or model to recommend and estimate price range?

Thanks! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No one? :huh:

Hi Tortoise,

I've been using the Shark steam mop and so far so good. Its ideally used for tough stains on the floor but I just use it as a mop and sanitiser.

Hi Tortoise,

I've been using the Shark steam mop and so far so good. Its ideally used for tough stains on the floor but I just use it as a mop and sanitiser.

Hey Mkina,

Does it work well on oily tiles as well? Normally after cooking a meal, the tiles in the kitchen will have greasy feel and currently I am using the mop with abit of detergent solution for cleaning up. I read from websites that steam mop uses only water and no cleaning agent or solution so I have concern on cleaning up greasy tiles.

Thanks. :unsure:

Hi Tortoise,

The steam mop utilises hot steam to break down the oil and the fibre cloth head attachment that comes with it will absorb the oil. Im using it for my living room, bedrooms, kitchen and even toilets! Be advised though that it will not pick up heavy particles like sand etc. Other than that, the floor is almost instantaneously dry! I bought it coz I've got cats at home and its a faster way for me to mop the house and sanitize at the same time as the hot steam is said to kill germs and bacteria. No detergent of any kind is required, only clean water!

Hi Tortoise,

The steam mop utilises hot steam to break down the oil and the fibre cloth head attachment that comes with it will absorb the oil. Im using it for my living room, bedrooms, kitchen and even toilets! Be advised though that it will not pick up heavy particles like sand etc. Other than that, the floor is almost instantaneously dry! I bought it coz I've got cats at home and its a faster way for me to mop the house and sanitize at the same time as the hot steam is said to kill germs and bacteria. No detergent of any kind is required, only clean water!

Thank You. :D

The steam mop utilises hot steam to break down the oil and the fibre cloth head attachment that comes with it will absorb the oil. Im using it for my living room, bedrooms, kitchen and even toilets! Be advised though that it will not pick up heavy particles like sand etc.

http://www.plagiarism-checker.co/ | http://gentinghighlandshotel.org | hotelpenang.org/

Edited by Brodon

I am using Crazysales steam mop, which took me $79. It works great.  It is the best for hard floors, but some are useful for freshening up carpets and lifting stains from carpets, too. It is generally cheaper than 2-in-1 steam mops, which often can switch perfectly into a handheld mode for other tasks. Although 2 in 1 steam mops are more versatile steam mops bring handhelds as well, they usually normally contain a wide variety of tools suited to different jobs. This means you can tackle the kitchen tops, bathroom tiles, plenty and curtains more besides, and the with one cleaner.