Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bmwgin

Haiku Ceiling Fan

Just bought and installed Haiku Ceiling Fan for my living room. Bought it from shop in Geylang - Universal Union which retails the Haiku Fan.

As I have a false ceiling and thus ceiling height low, the KDK fans would be too cumbersome looking on the ceiling. Also have to admit, Haiku fan is like a work of art.

Universal Union referred me to a installer who drilled through my false ceiling to mount a steel bracket to hold the fan and did the wiring. Damage of fan was $1150 and

installation charge was $250. Fan is really silent and has 7 speed. I usually use 3 speed as it is strong enough. I understand Haiku fan motor is energy saving also.

20130727_145538.jpg?t=1375351554

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Agent fr Haiku Fan charges $100 for installation on plain normal ceiling. As mine had a false ceiling, it required the installer to cut through the ceiling, drill and mount a steel bracket since false ceiling cannot support fan weight. Then he had to patch back the false ceiling. That is why $250. Expensive fan usually comes with higher charges.

Agent fr Haiku Fan charges $100 for installation on plain normal ceiling. As mine had a false ceiling, it required the installer to cut through the ceiling, drill and mount a steel bracket since false ceiling cannot support fan weight. Then he had to patch back the false ceiling. That is why $250. Expensive fan usually comes with higher charges.

Thats true.

The charges can buy a normal ceiling fan. ^^

Thats true.

The charges can buy a normal ceiling fan. ^^

Own 2 haiku fans, they are the worst investment I ever had.

Lots of noise, was told that it was a design flaw. Worse, the local reps keep charging me for the servicing yet the noise problems are not solved.

Don’t get it, you will regret!!!

Lucky I refused to pay for the Haiku fans and opted instead for the Vento fans. The Vento Uragano is nice. The Vento Libellula was not so good.

Lots of noise, was told that it was a design flaw. Worse, the local reps keep charging me for the servicing yet the noise problems are not solved.

I think is Heng sway...

my haiku, touch wood is doing very well, silent and quiet event at highest speed setting and close to ceiling.

If you want style and functionality and dont mind paying more, get it...often a nicely designed hall is spoiled by ugly looking cumbersome fans...I just installed a SPIN fan in my masterroom since smaller room and also cheaper but in same type of design profile as Haiku...so far quite good.

I believe your fan is damage due to bad installation.

Hi,

Please contact the authorised dealer who sold you these fans.

They are supposed to be silent during operation!!

None of our customers have this problem (and we have sold MANY of both the composite and Bamboo Haiku fans). We have not and never will charge customer, if the fans are installed correctly by qualified fan installers (and are still under warranty).

Your current situation is definitely Not Normal.

PHYLUX

Edited by Phylux