Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My feedback on them is that they are underwhelming. Not sure if it was the ID  we used but there was also one factor that made us think that the company also has flaws. 

Cons:

-very reactive. They did a poor job on marble polishing and it was so obvious! It was only when we complained that they agreed to redo

-not bothered to oversee their contractors. I came to pay a suprise visit and saw that the workers didn't use any floor cover protection on the marble and parquet floor.  There were ladders and heavy material everywhere that could scratch the surface. Again,  only when I pointed this out did they start using the corrugated protection material. They also pulled out the wrong lighting to be replaced and it was myself who had to point this out to the ID. So, I don't really know what was the use of an ID.

- needs a lot of chasing and follow-up. If it weren't for our persistent inquiries on the milestones, I'm pretty sure that the project would have stretched out longer. 

- money hungry. There was an agreement that the last payment would not been paid until they corrected all their mistakes. However, the ID called to say we needed to make the rest of the payment because it was CNY and the co wanted to collect their receivables before then.... WTH does it have to do with me???? It made me think that the company was so money minded that they pressured their IDS to press their customers to make payment even before the full scope of the job was completed. 

- their electrician sucks or maybe it was done on purpose to save them money. Not sure which was it. Besides pulling out the wrong lights, they pulled the wiring and were supposed to put a data point but instead replaced this with electrical point. We didn't realize this until later and because we didn't want to EVER deal with this company again, we paid another electrician to redo it. 

- another money saving tactic. They told us that before they completed the work, they would get the painters to come in again for a retouch and repaint those flaws left behind by the electrician and carpenter. They didn't.  Instead we had to complain about these flaws first and witness the ID  and some workers (i think they were frm either the carpentry or electrician. Def not a professional painter) do the retouching. Hello... if I wanted some unprofessional to do it, I wouldnt have hired an ID  company. 

Pros:-

- workmanship seems good but will need a few years before I can give a fair comment. 

- ID was very responsive... to SMS and calls. Which is good and I will give credit for his quick response to our complaints and feedback. Other than that, he was meh. We did our own shopping for the furnitures and lightings without his involvement. We also gave him our concept. 

- the professional painter was great. Not the unprofessional ones who did the retouching.  

- there was no hidden costs and maybe that was because we were very thorough to make sure we understood their charges. Except for their cheap way to save on the corrugated paper,  they delivered on the items within the quotation but not without all those flaws mentioned above.

Summary: 

- the company gave the impression that it's just looking for money. Even though I could have called the company to fix the data point as I was still under warranty, I just didn't bother as there was absolutely no trust that they would care. 

- I'm not sure whether it's the company or ID but it's all inter related in the end. We did not hate the ID because at the end of the day, he gave us the impression that he was under the limitations of the company. Because weren't all these contractors hired by the company? 

- because of what happened, we will most certainly not be dealing with this  company again. Midway through the reno, we realized the mistake we made so we started cancelling some of the small works that they were supposed to do. Instead we hired a different contractor for those works. We contemplated on renovating our kitchen in the beginning and it was a good thing we didn't have them do it. We will most certainly not select this co again when we do reno. 

-Perhaps our reno was too small for them to care but because of this, they have lost an existing customer and referrals. 

• Like 1

It's a bit puzzling for me to see a lot of negatives about this ID company. 

Perhaps I have been lucky enough not to come across the mentioned staff. 

To share my story, the Mrs and I first looked for an ID back in 2009 when we decided to renovate our resale 4 room flat. We actually went to 7 different ID with the same quotation to compare among other things, past works, costs, feedback and level of service. We approached well known brands to even to the one man shows before eventually deciding on *, specifically Alvin. 

It was fortunate that there was chemistry between Alvin and us and he understood what we wanted and even gave us advice to enhance and improve on our concept. It was obvious that he was experienced in his field as we only need to verbally communicate to him our ideas and he instantly visualise the ideas. 

Even my parents were impressed by his professionalism that they also decided to renovate their house right after mine. 

Cost wise, they were not the cheapest but neither are they the most expensive but i realise that you're paying for good service and a peace of mind which is in my opinion; priceless. 

That was how good he was. We kept in touch as we contacted him on and off to do some maintenance and additional works.

Along the way, he told us that he left his company to venture out on their own, setting up HomeVista. 

In total, we have recommended about 6 friends who engaged HV as their ID. 

Fast forward to 2013, we moved and engaged HV, Alvin as our ID to renovate our resale EA. There was never any doubts that we should use him again. We have grown accustomed and familiar with him service and delighted with the workmanship. 

This time round he was assisted by Jess and together both of them conceptualised and executed our dream home within 9 weeks, considering that we were tearing down everything and rebuilding the apartment back again. 

The finished product was what we dreamed of. 

I am not sure of other IDs but till now, I can always pick up the phone and WhatsApp him saying that I need this to be repaired and he will send someone down to repair even after years of completing the job. 

I understand that renovating your house is a huge undertaking. Which is why I will always advise friends to cast a wide net before deciding on your ID.

I was fortunate enough to 'catch' this ID and have never regretted my decision on doing so. 

Screenshot_20171215-215552.png

Screenshot_20171215-215526.png

Screenshot_20171215-215541.png

Edited by Stark
Input Pictures

On 5/8/2014 at 9:39 AM, Bahamut said:

I had kept silent during the entire renovation process out of a mix foolish optimism that things will be better and out of fear that my renovation will held be made a mess if I post how lousy they are. The ID in charge, Adrian, resigned 2 days after my renovation was done. Now that the renovation is completed, my verdict: please avoid at all costs. Let me list out all the issues that had occured

1. We had chosen hob and gas cooker from same brand. And I do not understand why the hob has to conform to kitchen cabinet he has designed and not the other way round. End up he told my mum hob was bigger and jut out and wanted it to be changed to another. I was not consulted on the change on the hob to another brand. End up the brand of hob is different from cooker and I had to pay extra.

2. The tiles of the floor and the wall in the kitchen toilet I had already chosen separate tiles for them, end up the contractor used the floor to lay the floor as well. Adrian denied it was the same and only admitted it was wrong when I showed him the photos. Apparently he was not even at my house and still tried to deny. Later still had the cheek to ask me if I can accept it. Only changed after I insisted on the tiles I had chosen.

3. The taps I had chosen for the toilet were replaced with a similar design from another brand without my knowledge. Only changed back when I found out and insisted on the brand I had chosen.

4. Kitchen tap was also replaced with a similar design from another inferior brand without my knowledge. He said the original one I chosen could not fit on the kitchen basin as the hole drilled on the granite for the tap was too near to the wall. I will have accepted its my fault if I had bought the tap on my own. But I had bought the tap with the ID before the renovation started. Therefore renovation work on sink should be made to accommodate the tap i chosen and not the other way round.

5. Was not upfront on some of the additional costs occurred during renovation. Tell us that he will do 2 way switch, in the quotation just put switches, but finish will tell us 2 way switches had done for multiple lights and are extras. So some of the free gifts promised to us end up we will have to pay back through such tactics.

6. I had wanted to switch the surface on my kitchen to granite from solid surface as I had mentioned to ID that surface must withstand shock from chopping hard items like crabs and bones. End up the granite surface only covered the kitchen cabinet areas but not to sink area. To cover himself he showed me the quotaion that I signed and agreed was only how XX ft so it did not cover sink area. So the lesson learnt was to know the exact length of kitchen surface and say it exactly. Or else ID will assume you chop bones in kitchen cabinet.

7. My door entrance was raised as I had wanted the balcony floor to be on same level as living room. The quotation I signed included a Fireproof front door. Because of the raised surface, the ID told me that the door become smaller and had to be customised and become more expensive. For this case, he tell me the description on quotation was "not applicable" because the front door in the quotation is supposed to be "standard size". So ironic in pt 6 he used exact length in quotation to defend himself but when length of door is not mentioned in quotation also can be for "Standard size"

8. After flooring was done, I had knocked on each floor tile to make sure they were not hollow. My criteria was that even if the sides were hollow were still ok. But if at least more than half has hollow sound I will consider it as hollow. I had identified 10 of them but only 4 was replaced.

9. After the ID resigned, the boss Alvin Yeo took over. I had requested for receipt for all the instalments I paid. Already chase for 1 month also cannot get receipt.

I am glad I found Adrian for my home renovation. Alot of people here mis-understand that the current ID; Adrian Hii is the previous Adrian whom had left Homevista many years ago. The current Adrian Hii from Homevista has by far serve above expectations. He adhere to my concerns and understood my current situation. As previously i was cheated by another reno company. I was devastated and was at a loss; suffering a huge some of monetary loss;  till we met Adrian Hii. Adrian Hii was introduced to me by a cousin of mine who he did polised work for my cousin reno at an affordable price. We need more IDs like Adrian Hii. Honest, handworking, understanding yet very experience and detailed. I definitely would recommend him; Adrian Hii 200% for homeOwners looking for reliable, efficient & responsible ID. 

The renovation for my dream house was done by homevista. At first, I quite worry, as the ID, Adrian Hii that handle my renovation just join Homevista like 1 year only. After he explained to us, he has a lot of experience before joining Homevista, I decide to give him a chance. I am so glad that I made a correct decision, my dream house is come true. Thanks Adrian Hii for his professional suggestion, work on my budget, and try your best to help me toward my dream house. He quite responsive when i need help for some minor touch up after my renovation completed. Highly recommended!

Edited by syean

On 5/8/2014 at 9:39 AM, Bahamut said:

I had kept silent during the entire renovation process out of a mix foolish optimism that things will be better and out of fear that my renovation will held be made a mess if I post how lousy they are. The ID in charge, Adrian, resigned 2 days after my renovation was done. Now that the renovation is completed, my verdict: please avoid at all costs. Let me list out all the issues that had occured

1. We had chosen hob and gas cooker from same brand. And I do not understand why the hob has to conform to kitchen cabinet he has designed and not the other way round. End up he told my mum hob was bigger and jut out and wanted it to be changed to another. I was not consulted on the change on the hob to another brand. End up the brand of hob is different from cooker and I had to pay extra.

2. The tiles of the floor and the wall in the kitchen toilet I had already chosen separate tiles for them, end up the contractor used the floor to lay the floor as well. Adrian denied it was the same and only admitted it was wrong when I showed him the photos. Apparently he was not even at my house and still tried to deny. Later still had the cheek to ask me if I can accept it. Only changed after I insisted on the tiles I had chosen.

3. The taps I had chosen for the toilet were replaced with a similar design from another brand without my knowledge. Only changed back when I found out and insisted on the brand I had chosen.

4. Kitchen tap was also replaced with a similar design from another inferior brand without my knowledge. He said the original one I chosen could not fit on the kitchen basin as the hole drilled on the granite for the tap was too near to the wall. I will have accepted its my fault if I had bought the tap on my own. But I had bought the tap with the ID before the renovation started. Therefore renovation work on sink should be made to accommodate the tap i chosen and not the other way round.

5. Was not upfront on some of the additional costs occurred during renovation. Tell us that he will do 2 way switch, in the quotation just put switches, but finish will tell us 2 way switches had done for multiple lights and are extras. So some of the free gifts promised to us end up we will have to pay back through such tactics.

6. I had wanted to switch the surface on my kitchen to granite from solid surface as I had mentioned to ID that surface must withstand shock from chopping hard items like crabs and bones. End up the granite surface only covered the kitchen cabinet areas but not to sink area. To cover himself he showed me the quotaion that I signed and agreed was only how XX ft so it did not cover sink area. So the lesson learnt was to know the exact length of kitchen surface and say it exactly. Or else ID will assume you chop bones in kitchen cabinet.

7. My door entrance was raised as I had wanted the balcony floor to be on same level as living room. The quotation I signed included a Fireproof front door. Because of the raised surface, the ID told me that the door become smaller and had to be customised and become more expensive. For this case, he tell me the description on quotation was "not applicable" because the front door in the quotation is supposed to be "standard size". So ironic in pt 6 he used exact length in quotation to defend himself but when length of door is not mentioned in quotation also can be for "Standard size"

8. After flooring was done, I had knocked on each floor tile to make sure they were not hollow. My criteria was that even if the sides were hollow were still ok. But if at least more than half has hollow sound I will consider it as hollow. I had identified 10 of them but only 4 was replaced.

9. After the ID resigned, the boss Alvin Yeo took over. I had requested for receipt for all the instalments I paid. Already chase for 1 month also cannot get receipt.

My colleague asked me to check on this as he found the really bad comment of my ID, Adrian Hii whom I recommended to him. I just checked with Adrian Hii and knew that it is not the same person but both have same names. Maybe Adrian is a famous name. But the current Adrian is a super young and charming man. First of all, I wish to express my deepest appreciation to our ID , Adrian who is young, helpful, responsible, talented, trusted, not pushy (or money orientated and accommodating our budget) and many many .......... He will go the extra mile and make all effort to ensure that the client’s interests is met. Some notable incidents were he had to pick up our calls and came down to rectify to discuss about our renovation progress and details till late night (midnight) few times. When the workers didn't do the proper rubbish handling, he came down to settle on Sunday morning too.
What impressed us, other than what I mentioned before, is his accommodating manner in handling demanding and meticulous customers like us. As my hubby is a very detailed person, he wants something in engineering standard and get things done in standard procedure and somehow 'perfect'. There was a minor rework in our kitchen after my hubby rejected and explained the way of carpenter put our basin is incorrect. I would not say the reno progress is 100% but his quality of work is more than 100%. Please keep up the commendable performance as there is great potential in your work! 
We love our little cozy new nest and we love you, Adrian. Now we are FRIEND and he still helps when we needs his advice. He is our guest on our wedding and also was called to had performance on the stage after he failed to grab the flowers!!

Renovation nightmare with Homevista (currently known as Amterior) 

Be warned: Please avoid this company at all cost - Substandard quality of work. IDs are very inexperienced, careless, lacking design sense, over-promising and failing to fulfil many of the items mentioned beforehand. Nothing went right - from the quotations, hacking permits, 3D drawings (not a single right drawing produced even after 6 weeks commencement of reno work), tiling works, painting, aircon piping, glass work, aluminium work, and carpentry. The IDs are too complacent and never bothered to do any proper measurement beforehand which has resulted in many mistakes. 

We terribly regretted our mistake to work with this incompetent and integrity-lacking ID company. The IDs and the boss even claimed to be CASE-trust which turned out to be just another LIE.

Before signing the agreement, we were told verbally that there are many options of vinyl companies and inner PVCs colours that we can choose from. It tuned out that all his words were nothing but empty-promises and he even denied them by acting ignorant and evaded our question when we told him about what he had said beforehand. 

Will be posting more updates and photos for the future folks who’re considering to hire them! 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:45 AM, dTBY said:

Renovation nightmare with Homevista (currently known as Amterior) 

Be warned: Please avoid this company at all cost - Substandard quality of work. IDs are very inexperienced, careless, lacking design sense, over-promising and failing to fulfil many of the items mentioned beforehand. Nothing went right - from the quotations, hacking permits, 3D drawings (not a single right drawing produced even after 6 weeks commencement of reno work), tiling works, painting, aircon piping, glass work, aluminium work, and carpentry. The IDs are too complacent and never bothered to do any proper measurement beforehand which has resulted in many mistakes. 

We terribly regretted our mistake to work with this incompetent and integrity-lacking ID company. The IDs and the boss even claimed to be CASE-trust which turned out to be just another LIE.

Before signing the agreement, we were told verbally that there are many options of vinyl companies and inner PVCs colours that we can choose from. It tuned out that all his words were nothing but empty-promises and he even denied them by acting ignorant and evaded our question when we told him about what he had said beforehand. 

Will be posting more updates and photos for the future folks who’re considering to hire them! 

Hi, any updates on this?