Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gryffindor

Slow & Steady Wins The Race!

Dear all,

This is my first blog entry. Like all, I've begun meeting IDs.

1) BXXX XXXXXX Studio

I found this company through googling. I realised many of his ex-customers praised him to the heaven for his creativity. So, I was rather determined to meet him. It's run by a bloke called 'BXXXXX'. However, due to his hectic schedule, my meeting was cancelled twice. Finally, after I explained my displeasure, they relented and squeezed a schedule in at the last minute.

His designs were the conventional and typical ones that you see. He was very focussed on fashioning a TV feature wall and we did not even manage to finish talking about the house after two hours. We reminded him to talk about the overall items, but he kept bringing our attention back to the feature wall again. We couldn't understand his obsession with the wall. :-(

Anyway, it was not a fruitful discussion at all. We strongly believe you need to focus on the overall theme and feel and go through each room slowly for coherence of theme first. The TV feature is not the be all and end all of the house.

2) Rest & Relax

3) De Style

4) Fuse Concept

Edited by gryffindor

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haha. I also met an ID who was nuts about TV feature wall/cabinet and the kitchen island. When I told him I was not going to put a TV in the house, he was dumbfounded and lost! :D

Continuing on from the previous post...

4) Fuse Concept

First impression was good. The showroom was rather spacious and has touches of subtle designing. The designer i had was good initially. He seemed rather enthusiastic and motivated. However, it all went downhill after he went away for his reservist for weeks. When he came back, I contacted him asking for my proposal and quotation. Three SMS were sent and none was replied to. Thinking he was busy with the backlog from the three week absence, i cut him some slack and waited. For several days, still no reply from him. As ridiculous as it may sound, as the consumer, I actually called him first. Both calls got cut off and not a word or sms of apology.

I can understand if you are not ready or what, but as the consumer, I cannot accept rudeness and poor service from the designer. If at this stage, before contracting, I can't even trust you to follow up on your calls despite my having taken the initiative to do, I am not sure if I can trust you with my future home and $50,000. So, till today, no replies from him at all. So, rather disappointed with the attitude. Will continue on with the rest of the IDs later.