Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gryffindor

54,000 For Some Hacking, Platform And All?

Hi,
Do you guys have any thoughts about the above quotation? Granted that I am doing a fair bit of hacking and stuff, but i think the carpentry cost is crazy. $4000 for a wardrobe?? Space planning and consultation for $1500? And the cove lighting and false ceiling for master bedroom at $2,100??? I got a quote for false ceiling for the whole house for $2,600 from a contractor mentioned here.
I don't think it should be $54,000. What do you think is a reasonable amount? Thanks!
It's a Premium BTO 4-Room Flat of 90sqm. I'm not doing anything to the third bedroom and common toilet.

A Living/Dining

1 To design & construct false ceiling w/ cove lighting holder $2,500
2 To design & construct est. L 13ft x W 10.5ft raised up platform using resilient flooring ( 150mm ht ) $2,780
3 To design & construct est. L 4ft full ht shoe cabinet using solid-ply laminate ( 2 sided finishing ) $1,800
4 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft full ht cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $2,640
5 To design & construct est. L 11ft full ht Tv feature wall using solid-ply laminate $2,790
6 To design & construct est. L 11ft suspended Tv console using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $2,200
B Kitchen / Service Yard
1 To supply labour to hack est. L 3ft full ht existing wall ( subject to HDB Approval ) $240
2 To supply labour to make good damaged area $300
3 To design & construct kitchen cabinet base, fridge base, washing machine base $5 00
4 To design & construct est. L 19.5ft top & 17ft btm kitchen cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w: $7,300
I Anti slam drawers FOC
II Anti slam hinges FOC
III Stainless Steel Dish Rack FOC
IV To install cooker & cooker hood FOC
V Internal polyester FOC
5 To supply & install est. L 17ft solid surface for kitchen work top c/w back splash $1,700
6 To supply & install est. L 17ft tempered spray painted glass in between top & bottom kitchen cabinet $1,700
7 To design & construct est. L 4ft full ht cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $1,320
8 To supply & install est. L 3ft full ht 10mm thick tempered clear glass $960
C Master Bedroom / Bedroom 2
1 To supply labour to hack est. L 3.5ft full ht existing wall ( subject to HDB Approval ) $280
2 To supply labour to hack existing door frame $150
3 To supply labour to make good damaged area $450
4 To supply labour to seal up est. L 3.5ft full ht existing door way using 63mm thick hollow block $560
5 To design & construct false ceiling w/ cove lighting holder $2,100
6 To design & construct est. L 10.5ft half ht bedhead using solid-ply laminate c/w cove lighting holder $1,890
7 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft suspended bedside table using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $990
8 To design & construct est. L 8ft study table using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $1,440
9 To design & construct est. L 8ft top hung cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $1,440
10 To design & construct est. L 11.5ft full ht sliding door wardrobe using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $4,140
D Master Bathroom
1 To supply labour to dismantle existing bathroom accessories $50
2 To design & construct shower curb w/ tiles finishing $150
3 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft suspended vanity cabinet using solid-ply laminate $990
4 To supply & install est. L 5.5ft solid surface on top of vanity top $550
5 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft suspended mirror cabinet using solid-ply laminate & clear mirror $1,100
6 To supply & install fixed panel using 10mm thick tempered clear glass $500
E MISCELLANEOUS WORKS
1 To paint whole unit interior wall using NIPPON / ICI paint $2,150
2 To lay cardboard protection for working areas $450
3 To chemical wash & general wash the whole unit $450
4 To clear & discard debris $450
F PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
1 Design Consultation
2 Space planning
3 3D perspective & detail drawings
4 Material & color proposal
5 Site Management/ Project Management
Sub Total (F1-F5) : $1,500
To provide life-time warranty for all carpentry work-man ship FOC
To provide life-time warranty for all hinges and drawer runner track FOC
To provide internal polyester or high rated PVC for all carpentry internal storage FOC
Total $ 50,510
Discount
After Discount
*Exclude Plumbing, Electrical, Cushions, Curtains, Lightings, Aircons, 7% GST $ 3,535.70
Grand Total $ 54,045.70
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by gryffindor

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

While the company indicated that there would be a 3-10% discount, the price is still a bit too steep. Furthermore, I don't like this practice of giving a discount when obviously they've over quoted.

Hi gryffinder, this is my company quote for you, maybe you might consider. You can view my Finished Project here http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60510-finished-projects-for-your-reno-ideas/ and one of the member of renotalk house which he posted here http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/61396-our-unit-almost-done/

A Living/Dining

1 To design & construct false ceiling w/ cove lighting holder include Bedroom walk way $2000.00

2 To design & construct est. L 13ft x W 10.5ft raised up platform using resilient flooring ( 150mm ht ) w/ laminate flooring $2200.00

3 To design & construct est. L 4ft full ht shoe cabinet using solid-ply laminate ( 2 sided finishing ) $920.00

4 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft full ht cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $1150

5 To design & construct est. L 11ft full ht Tv feature wall using solid-ply laminate w/ mirror $2200.00

6 To design & construct est. L 11ft suspended Tv console using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $1320.00

B Kitchen / Service Yard

1 To supply labour to hack est. L 3ft full ht existing wall ( subject to HDB Approval ) $200.00

2 To supply labour to make good damaged area $300.00

3 To design & construct kitchen cabinet base, fridge base, washing machine base $400.00

4 To design & construct est. L 19.5ft top & 17ft btm kitchen cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w: $4680.00

I Anti slam drawers FOC

II Anti slam hinges FOC

III Stainless Steel Dish Rack FOC

IV To install cooker & cooker hood FOC

V Internal polyester FOC

5 To supply & install est. L 17ft solid surface for kitchen work top c/w back splash $1360.00

6 To supply & install est. L 17ft tempered spray painted glass in between top & bottom kitchen cabinet $1300.00

7 To design & construct est. L 4ft full ht cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $880.00

8 To supply & install est. L 3ft full ht 10mm thick tempered clear glass $550.00

C Master Bedroom / Bedroom 2

1 To supply labour to hack est. L 3.5ft full ht existing wall ( subject to HDB Approval ) $250.00

2 To supply labour to hack existing door frame $150.00

3 To supply labour to make good damaged area $400.00

4 To supply labour to seal up est. L 3.5ft full ht existing door way using 63mm thick hollow block $560.00

5 To design & construct false ceiling w/ cove lighting holder $900.00

6 To design & construct est. L 10.5ft half ht bedhead using solid-ply laminate c/w cove lighting holder $1300.00

7 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft suspended bedside table using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $780.00

8 To design & construct est. L 8ft study table using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $1040.00

9 To design & construct est. L 8ft top hung cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $1040.00

10 To design & construct est. L 11.5ft full ht sliding door wardrobe using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester $2875.00

D Master Bathroom

1 To supply labour to dismantle existing bathroom accessories $50.00

2 To design & construct shower curb w/ tiles finishing $120.00

3 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft suspended vanity cabinet using solid-ply laminate $780.00

4 To supply & install est. L 5.5ft solid surface on top of vanity top $480.00

5 To design & construct est. L 5.5ft suspended mirror cabinet using solid-ply laminate & clear mirror $780.00

6 To supply & install fixed panel using 10mm thick tempered clear glass $300.00

E MISCELLANEOUS WORKS

1 To paint whole unit interior wall using NIPPON / ICI paint $1500.00

2 To lay cardboard protection for working areas $200.00

3 To chemical wash & general wash the whole unit FOC

4 To clear & discard debris $400.00

F PROFESSIONAL SERVICES

1 Design Consultation

2 Space planning

3 3D perspective & detail drawings

4 Material & color proposal

5 Site Management/ Project Management

Sub Total (F1-F5) : FOC

To provide 2 yr warranty for all carpentry work-man ship FOC

To provide 2-yr warranty for all hinges and drawer runner track FOC

To provide internal polyester or high rated PVC for all carpentry internal storage FOC

Total $ 33,365.00

Discount

After Discount

If you are interested you can PM me your email add. Thanks

Hi, thanks for your quotation. Would you be able to reveal your company name or possibly website? I would like to see your portfolio. ^^

Hi enquiries4reno..

I'm looking id to do my resale 4 bedroom flat,. but I just want to do my 3 bedroom, masterbadroom toilet and feature wall for my tv area. my budget is $20-25 k is it possible ? can you email me at yolanda_chia@yahoo.com.

thanks