Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piew

Ceiling Fan With Light Installation (Help Needed)

Hi all,

Any experts, please help.

I've just gotten my New flat under BTO. I wish to install a ceiling fan with light kit as the one below.

http://www.fanco.com.sg/index.php/products/singapore?id=11#ad-image-0

As i have some requirements, only the on state in the link suits my needs.

- low profile

- simple 3 blades design

- light kit ( fits 2 E27 bulbs)

- no pull chain

- comes with a fan regulator.

My living room and dinning area got 2 existing point. Both points are then wired to a wall switch with 2 toggle.

Wireless-Wall-Switch-Wall-Mounted-Transm

the one on the left will control the living room point, while the one on the right will control the dinner area.

But my problem is that how am i going to control the fan with light separately? Is there some kind of module which i can split the signal to toggle between fan and light using just the left switch?

I don't mind rewiring and change the wall switch to 3 way switch, but as all new flat the wires are concealed, is it possible to pull extra wire through a concealed ceiling to wall?

cheers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I going overseas...might not see PM...

So....i again see your qus...

Its asking bout the fan that have the build in light.. It can be control by the remote control itself...

Meaning the remote control left side for u to switch on light, right side to change fan speed.

If you want to fix fan itself (those w/o light), & then fix another seperate light...& you have basic electrical wiring knowledge.

That switch will be "main switch on power" for that power point till the outlet at the ceiling.

1) You just "tab out" the Live & Netural wire" & ground (if you want as light dun use more then 10amp, theory no need ground but good to have it); before the end... link it to another switch...

2) Then that switch the wire connect to another light lor..

*Of cos have to do trunking to hide wire lah...so may not like it as they prefer concealed wiring..

The simplest solution is to buy a fan with remote control. It should be possible to buy this fan with remote control. I have two almost identical fans, but from Amasco, both 3 blades, short stem, with LED light (changed from E27) and remote control.

The switch on the wall will control power to the fan. The remote will control whether you want to turn on/off the light and/or fan and its speed. There is no need for regulator.

If you do not want to use remote, I think it is difficult to do concealed. I believe you need to run another wire from fan to switch (unless some guru can think of a solution or maybe your developer had pre-laid additional wires). I don't think you can simply pull a wire.

For the switch, you can buy one with 3 or 4 gang. But you still need a space for the regulator, right? If you use remote, there is no need to install a regulator.

Edited by kstoh

Thanks for all the replies!

i found a switch with a regulator.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.Gy097c&id=20631952262

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.13.Gy097c&id=20743531103

There's a diagram showing how to connect.

T2xNSYXhlaXXXXXXXX_!!1054954446.jpg

Base on the diagram, can it work based on my description earlier?

Ofcos i got to add another switch to control my dinner area light.

Edited by piew

Not sure if this is the case with yours but when I bought my fans, both the shop and installer told me fan warranty applies only if I use their supplied regulator.

• Like 1

@piew & cop, thanks i was looking for the same concept, I don't like the idea of remote because remote spolits easily, so basically i will need turn the earth into the live for the light.