Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SKYJUICE123

Diy Converting Squatting To Sitting Toilet Pan

Anyone ever DIY to convert squatting to sitting toilet pan? The usual way is to hack out the squatting pan to free the sewage pipe, install and connect up the sitting pan, then re-do the tilings. The work will take about 4 days and cost around $850-$1,100 depending on the tiling work done.. As my toilet tiling are still in good condition, thinking of the unusual way to put sitting pan just ontop of the squatting pan.. anyone got the experience? discuss here..

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/18024-cost-of-changing-from-squatting-to-sitting-toilet-bowl/?p=829402

Edited by SKYJUICE123

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Never done it before but interesting article.

In theory, I think your design will work but if the silicon fails, than it gets messy at the volume where the foam white & cement fill is.

But more of a concern is... landed property should be OK but HDB & condo, maybe not approve.

My thoughts only.

Approval will be required when the structural members or water proofing membrance have been affected.. In this conversion, no hacking is involved nor anything have been removed. The floor definitely can stand the 50Kg weight.. there should not be any approval issue here..

If the silicone seal were to breakdown, there is still the cement plaster foam that will keep the seal tight; .furthermore, no waste will backflow unless the sewage pipe is clogged, then, this conversion is better than original because it has double water sealing and the seal is much higher now