Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ddl1976

Replacing 2 Homogeneous Tiles

Hi all,

I just recently moved into my newly renovated resale flat for about a month and had some issues with a few floor tiles.

One of them was caused by myself. I wanted to clean some paint stains in between the grout and had indirectly cleaned a small portion of the homogenous tile with rubbing alcohol and the green cleaning pad.

Thereafter that portion (size of a slightly larger fifty cent coin) of that tile had lost its glossiness.

For the second tile, there is a small hole which I am not sure what caused it.

It really feels sad when I see those two tiles especially the first tile..

I am contemplating to replaced that two tiles for $150 but my family advised me not to since it is a small damage.

They mentioned that the replacement may cause the nearby tiles to break and if not done properly the replaced tiles may pop out a few months later..

Have any of you guys did any thing like that before? Is it true?

Not sure if I should still proceed with the replacement so would like to seek your opinions.. Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

I just recently moved into my newly renovated resale flat for about a month and had some issues with a few floor tiles.

One of them was caused by myself. I wanted to clean some paint stains in between the grout and had indirectly cleaned a small portion of the homogenous tile with rubbing alcohol and the green cleaning pad.

Thereafter that portion (size of a slightly larger fifty cent coin) of that tile had lost its glossiness.

For the second tile, there is a small hole which I am not sure what caused it.

It really feels sad when I see those two tiles especially the first tile..

I am contemplating to replaced that two tiles for $150 but my family advised me not to since it is a small damage.

They mentioned that the replacement may cause the nearby tiles to break and if not done properly the replaced tiles may pop out a few months later..

Have any of you guys did any thing like that before? Is it true?

Not sure if I should still proceed with the replacement so would like to seek your opinions.. Thanks

Have you gotten it fixed?

We replace two tiles as these tiles' edge was a bit wrong doing, the worker, from China, actually knock off the near by four pc and replace the two. total I think he replaced 6 pcs This workmanship is perfect only that the replacement tile is a bit darker then the original as these are the second batch of the shipment.

I think the replacement for these tile is not as simple as a layman think, actually I saw the worker had grind a bit smaller to place the tiles and the workmanship really play a part.