Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
viclai

Window Contractor To Recommend?

Hi All,

This is my first post.

I am looking for a window contractor to replace an existing window grille with a casement window at the recess area of a 4-room. The grille is to be taken off and discarded.

The length is about 150 x 100 cm (100cm is the standard height of all HDB windows)

This is supposed a minor job and it is proving to be anything but minor. I know that with the approaching CNY, the Malaysian workers will be on home-leave, so I mentioned to the contractors that production and installation can be done after CNY. The preliminary paper work/permit and measurement can be done meantime.

The first contractor I called is HDB's term contractor for window. The day after the window measurement was taken, I called the office with the intention of furnishing my NRIC for permit application. To my surprise, he did not want and instead told me to wait for his quotation. To-date, I waited 2 weeks in vain.

The second contractor, also HDB-registered, quoted $500 on the phone to which I agreed on the spot. (2-panel casement window, natural aluminium) He failed to show up on the day he was take the window measurement and down payment as deposit.

When I look at HDB website, some contractors have the same contacts for mobile and fixed lines, same email address but different addresses and registered names. How fishy!

I guess I can forget about this until March.

Meanwhile, can any kind soul recommend, preferably a non-Chinese contractor. I tend not to trust Chinese contractors anymore even though I am Chinese.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation