Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mysapporo

Advice For A Budget Flat Owner

Hi all,

After reading the discussion threads here, am really envious of the proud flat owners who can make their dream home come true. While I hope to be able to own a flat that I've been dreaming of, I am conscious of the reality. I won't be able to afford a full-scale renovation when I get the key to my 4A flat. Therefore, I am planning to do the items that will be hard to change once we move in. Currently, I am thinking of the flooring (tiles), painting, bathrooms & toilets and rewiring.

Would like to seek the views of the experienced home owners. How much would the above cost, roughly?

Will there be any contractors who are able to just help me do these items only?

Lastly, may I know what's the main difference btw contractors and IDs?

Thanks very much in advance! Happy Horse Year!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am also doing my renovation (after CNY).. I think what you put down is really too generic to nail down any price with the exception of painting (should be around 1.5k) and re-wiring (2k-3k). This is because tiling and bathroom can do many things. My two bathrooms alone will cost more 10k. I am not doing the floors so I am unable to advise.

Thanks LionFlyer for your reply. Yah, you are right, I wasn't very specific in my post. Given my tight budget, I am only thinking of changing the toilet seat and basin in the toilets. As for flooring, I am only planning to change the tiles of the entire flat (excluding kitchen).

Hi all,

After reading the discussion threads here, am really envious of the proud flat owners who can make their dream home come true. While I hope to be able to own a flat that I've been dreaming of, I am conscious of the reality. I won't be able to afford a full-scale renovation when I get the key to my 4A flat. Therefore, I am planning to do the items that will be hard to change once we move in. Currently, I am thinking of the flooring (tiles), painting, bathrooms & toilets and rewiring.

Would like to seek the views of the experienced home owners. How much would the above cost, roughly?

Will there be any contractors who are able to just help me do these items only?

Lastly, may I know what's the main difference btw contractors and IDs?

Thanks very much in advance! Happy Horse Year!

It will be slightly below 15k. Just set a note what you really need for your new house. Some kind of thing you cannot save one. Do a thorough consideration .

Thanks LionFlyer for your reply. Yah, you are right, I wasn't very specific in my post. Given my tight budget, I am only thinking of changing the toilet seat and basin in the toilets. As for flooring, I am only planning to change the tiles of the entire flat (excluding kitchen).

For changing the toilet seat and basin in the toilets, you can try contacting a plumber. Ask your friends if they know any good plumber or you can call the Singapore Plumber Society.

They will direct a plumber based in your area to come over. The plumber will call you and you can negotiate the price.

I have used their plumber two years ago, so far no problem but you may not be in the same area as me.

They have a price list for reference:

http://www.plumbing.org.sg/home_plumbing_service.htm

or you can also check with your town council website, under handyman services. They tender contract with contractors who do plumbing, electrical & building works.

I have used the contractors in my town council to do some electrical works like replace new 13 amp power supply sockets, install

15 amp socket for aircon. Prices are reasonable but I think you still can negotiate.

Actually, you should just get a contractor to go and see the state of the house. like what ahbengahseng say, some can save, some cannot. All the best for your renovation!