Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cap Cay

Renovation While Staying In The House

My 4 room HDB flat is due for renovation. Amongst other things such as painting, replacement of furniture and fixtures, I also want to change the entire tiles, redo the kitchen platform and the bathrooms interior. We are a family of 4 living in the house and for all practical purposes, have no option other than continuing to stay in the house while the renovation is on. The thought of having to bear the noise and dust has made me put off the renovation plans a few times but sooner or later, I will have to go ahead with it.

I would like to hear the experience from those who have had renovations done before, especially changing tiles, hacking and rebuilding the kitchen platform, bathrooms while continuing to stay in the house? I understand the contractor would normally like to start work at several fronts at the same time and finish quickly but with a family staying in the house, do they work differently, like doing only a couple of rooms at a time? Appreciate your ideas.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation