Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
linsullen

Homemaker I.d & Homemaker Builders

Anyone had any experience with them? I just got my house keys and on the first day i wanted to open my house i was approached by this contractor. 2nd time i went to my place to check for defects again this contractor approached me..so nvm i gave him a chance n looked at the units his company has done.the works were not bad.. but my only concern can we trust them...cos the projects they showed us were by their colleagues, they did not allow me to bring home the quotation.one more thing is they say if after i sign im not allowed to take out anything should i decide not to do it.i told him to take out a few things cos i wanted to see the updated quotation..but he asked me to pass him the keys so that he can get started...that part i dont quite like it cos im still considering other contractors

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone had any experience with them? I just got my house keys and on the first day i wanted to open my house i was approached by this contractor. 2nd time i went to my place to check for defects again this contractor approached me..so nvm i gave him a chance n looked at the units his company has done.the works were not bad.. but my only concern can we trust them...cos the projects they showed us were by their colleagues, they did not allow me to bring home the quotation.one more thing is they say if after i sign im not allowed to take out anything should i decide not to do it.i told him to take out a few things cos i wanted to see the updated quotation..but he asked me to pass him the keys so that he can get started...that part i dont quite like it cos im still considering other contractors

Be alert! Looks suspicious...

Normally, if contractors approached you from downstairs, be a bit weary of them. My mother was approached by one such person when getting her BTO quite a number of years back. She was promised a lot of works to be done. In the end, the renovation process was a nightmare. The things promised were not done, or the measurements were way too short. To correct it to the same measurements, they will require you to 'top up'. In the end, it is like a ponzi scheme. You will tend to sink more and more money into it, and before you know it, it is way too expensive. Originally, she was promised all works to be done at 10k. In the end, the final bill comes up to 40+k for a BTO after all the top ups.