Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
janesuah

First Home ~ 3 Room Bto: Ideas + Suggestions! :)

hey hi! i'm a 3roomer BTO Too :)) its so hard to play around with small space but i believe we can make it really cozy. really love how u done up ur place, if u don't mind could you share ur contractor contact? TIA!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow, I'm so glad I came across this forum and thread! Thanks for posting, janesuah!!

I went into this flat-buying process completely clueless and had unrealistic ideas/dreams. I cried after I saw the interior of my 3-room flat at Segar Vale. Still can't believe how tiny it is, especially the kitchen, and really regret buying it. I hate the tiles and doors I got from HDB but can't afford to replace them now. Yours are lovely!

Blackie, for HOB I got it from Courts, brand is TURBO, don't really remember the price cos I got it as a set for about 2.1k (oven, hob, hood + extended warranty). For sink, link is here, but I don't recommend it cos its not that great, its not so "deep" and water keep splashing out :(

Eidyana, have PM you :)

Stephie, hahaha, I almost cried too when I saw Segar Vale 3room!! Also feel really regretted!! ZZZ Have you seen the 4 room at Segar? I walked past one unit and the living room is small too! Regretted getting this BTO! As I said before, although floor area is same as all other BTO, but its living room is just completely at least 1200mm smaller den others, I have checked others floorplan before!! I just shifted a week ago, still getting use to this small small flat.... T_T I can't imagine how shock would ppl be during house warming... don't feel like having house warming already...

Heres what I have compared with a few other BTOS, basically on the LIVING ROOM:

Segar vale 3 room: 5370

Other BTO 3 room: 6300~6400

Segar vale 4 room: 6400~6800? if I remb its quite close to usual 3 ROOM BTO..
Other BTO 4 room: 6900~7200+

Edited by janesuah

razzberrie thanks! :)

We have finally completed our reno, just finished the last bit - kitchen wall backing and shower screen.

Currently waiting for wall shelves for living room, coffee table and sofa to complete the look!

Also waiting for installation of timber blinds by D'Zander, saw many goods reviews in renotalk hence decided on them. So far pre-sale experience is good! Doris is really friendly and knowledgeable about her products.

Wall shelves:

T1TTj5FiRdXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Coffee Table:

T1qq5GFqVdXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Sofa from Fortytwo.sg, waiting for the 2 seater stocks to come in:

sf065a_1.jpg

Painted recess wall area grey, getting ready for wall shelves, place our temporary bench and wedding photo at there lol.

And kitchen wall backing done. Grey as well!

Desktop1_zps4cd10742.jpg

The toilet completed with glass door and shower screen! Pardon the mess~~

Desktop_zpsb2bce325.jpg

Edited by janesuah

Stephie, hahaha, I almost cried too when I saw Segar Vale 3room!! Also feel really regretted!! ZZZ Have you seen the 4 room at Segar? I walked past one unit and the living room is small too! Regretted getting this BTO! As I said before, although floor area is same as all other BTO, but its living room is just completely at least 1200mm smaller den others, I have checked others floorplan before!! I just shifted a week ago, still getting use to this small small flat.... T_T I can't imagine how shock would ppl be during house warming... don't feel like having house warming already...

Heres what I have compared with a few other BTOS, basically on the LIVING ROOM:

Segar vale 3 room: 5370

Other BTO 3 room: 6300~6400

Segar vale 4 room: 6400~6800? if I remb its quite close to usual 3 ROOM BTO..

Other BTO 4 room: 6900~7200+

I haven't seen the 4-room flats but from what you said, I already feel sorry for them!

You have done a great job with your space - your flat looks really nice! Do you mind sharing your contractor's info? I wanted a white brick feature wall and am wondering now if I can do it like you did and save some $$. Maybe wallpaper?

I didn't have much money set aside for reno to begin with and now, I have lost most of my enthusiasm because the flat is so small :( I bought a used solid wood queen bed and now, MBR only enough room left for a small wardrobe and tiny space to walk. So sad...

I wanted to install an IKEA kitchen because of the solid wood countertop but had a very unpleasant experience with the supposedly IKEA contractor. I met with 2 IDs... one was clueless and the other got my aesthetic but the cost was too high. Also, nobody makes or wants to install a solid wood countertop from IKEA. This whole reno process is so daunting!

Sorry to hijack your thread, neighbor :P

My first post in this forum...I like your deco. It's amazing to make a 3rm looks spacious. My 4 rm is smaller much usual BTO too. I also need ideas.

Stephie, for solid wood top, perhaps you can look for Kompacplus ? I saw many forumers using them, one even did many test on the sample.

Their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kompacplus?fref=ts

White brick wall will open and brighten the area, will make your hse look bigger :) The whole DIY process is really tedious! If you can cut budget on some areas and spend on manpower for the wall, it will be better. In my opinion, wallpaper might look abit fake..

Actually for MBR, after doing my L-shape wardrobe and having a Q size bed, there are still enough walking space, not that cramp. Perhaps I hacked the connecting wall to 2ndBR hence I don't find it that cramp.. but I try to imagine that if the wall is still there, I think its still alright!

Will PM you my contractor details~ :)

Guest Cannie Tan

Hi Janesuah,

I was thinking of doing the L-shape wardrobe in MBR too can you share on the measurement of your wardrobe please :help:

By the way u mention you are placing Queen size bed right, do you think King size bed can fit in ?

Inspired by my next block neighbor, janesuah, I used my air-con budget and splurged on 2 feature walls :)

I was aiming for the white brick wall look but my feature walls turned out looking beige/light brown. Not sure I can be bothered to paint over them as I'm also worried that I will ruin the texture of the cultured stones.

http://s941.photobucket.com/user/thevirtualgaragesale/media/RenoTalk/BrownWall_zpsad44dba8.jpeg.html

http://s941.photobucket.com/user/thevirtualgaragesale/media/RenoTalk/photo_zps6b9e1552.jpg.html