Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
henrywoo78

Help For Repair Of Shower Screen Hinges

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Abt a year ago, I notice some oil seeping out from the bottom hinge of my shower screen door and it was making a noise when open or close.

My house was renovated 4.5 years ago and the contractor was a friend of the family, so I went back to him to get a replacement hinge and unfortunately, he said my hinge was obsolete. Best option is to replace the glass (with new hinge cut-out). Of course the holes on the wall will not match & new holes need to be drilled.

Decided to hunt the hinge myself and even went to a glass contractor friend (he does condo construction jobs). Send him some pictures of my hinge and he got his project guy to check with his supplier. After 2 weeks, he confirm it was obsolete. Give me the same advice as my reno contractor.

I've not got it change yet and is planning to use it until the hinge pops, then replace with new glass door and hinge. Since the glass will technically last forever (if not abuse), only the hinge will fail. So when I get it replace, I will buy extra hinge.