Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lizhen

Inappropriate Approach By Contractors In New Bto Hdb

Attending Friends & Relatives house warming these few months.. Has been thinking whether to put up this thoughts in my mind for awhile already.. Sigh.. So.. I'm here.. And I have decided to post this here.. In this century.. Above topic more or less what I will be writing here.. Another word for it.. TOUTING! Is it allowing here?? A sales person approached me near the lift!! Ahhhh.... This sales person was actually standing around the lift area, with a bag & a few booklet of sample.. Walking towards my family & asked, are you owner?? Do up your curtain or blind at your house already? I can go up with you take measurement & give quotation.. Sound scary to me.. I don't know about others??.. Anyway, personally I don't feel comfortable.. I have friends who are Property Agents.. Why they are so poor thing.. Under controlled by Authority this can't that can't!! Why no authority step in to control these contractors!! As I have mentioned in one the reviews here. Some vendors/companies are genuine to earn a living.. Some are just out there to cheat or make consumers confuse!! In which area?? In Pricing.. Cost.. Ridiculous!! As a consumers, I don't even dare to deal business with them!! Straining my eyes.. Looking at those advertisements PASTED & STAMPED in the lift!! Unbelievable!! The price they are offering?!?! Consumers including myself, are we putting our pockets into danger zone when dealing with these vendors/company?? Let us decide.. Cheers :)

Edited by Lizhen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Add on a little here.. Oh, I have missed out.. While I'm parking car in the car park, my family saw some customers were crowding around a van looking at curtains & blinds samples!! Are they legal??!! Illegal??!! Ö Consumers, yup.. Myself, do agreed at times when renovating a new house can be quite budget.. However, we need to be wise too.. Why allowing those contractors/vendors/companies which maybe out there to cheat or to confuse us?? Why allowing further?? Shall we have a good thoughts now??..

i think all you have to do is just ignore them?

I mean nowaday Singaporeans are quite smart de..not so easily cheated..

maybe a few..but there are a lot more way to be cheated than by these contractors..

but i agree aggressive, pushy type of sales behaviour should be regulated..

Add on a little here.. Oh, I have missed out.. While I'm parking car in the car park, my family saw some customers were crowding around a van looking at curtains & blinds samples!! Are they legal??!! Illegal??!! Ö Consumers, yup.. Myself, do agreed at times when renovating a new house can be quite budget.. However, we need to be wise too.. Why allowing those contractors/vendors/companies which maybe out there to cheat or to confuse us?? Why allowing further?? Shall we have a good thoughts now??..

hi lizhen, you've mentioned that their pricing is ridiculously low...just wondering, what is the pricing compared to those established curtain shop on the high street? 50%? 60%?