Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scullymulder

Window Frame

Hi folks,

does anyone has the same window frame as mine where there is muilt holes in the frame? I asked my contractor what are the holes for. He said is for the water to discharge but since my unit is corridor unit where the possibility of rain reaching my window is very very low and i dont wash my window by splashing water then i wonder what's the use of so many holes for. Somemore, they look ugly dotting along the frame and my concern is ant and small bug find it easier to climb into the house.

IMG_1554.jpg

A closer look at the hole

IMG_1555.jpg

I went around the block and found that those aluminum type either has the hole at the edge of the window or one per panel which still look okie. Couldnt find white coat window frame along the corridor unit. My contractor said his supplier do like that one so want to ask whether anyone has the same frame but with lesser holes?

I want white power coat frame becos I thought is much nicer than the aluminium but if this is the case, i should get the aluminium type!

IMG_1558.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What your contractor told you is true, the holes are for water to discharge. But you are right that for corridor unit, it is not required. Is it an option to ask him to get a piece of flat bar, powder coat it to white and stick along the whole stretch to cover up the holes?