Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lonerboi

5Rm Bto Sunshine Gardens

Just gotten my key to my long awaited BTO without flooring and doors...

My floor plan...

Sunshine Gardens 5rm BTO

With the opening of door etc, as usual I was greeted with various defects from hairline cracks on the wall, broken/chipped tiles, slanted socket points/ tap etc etc.
Have yet to decide on an ID, new updates from recommendations and blog.
1) Kaze, a freelance ID(Previously Ciseern)<--- eliminated due to too much sales talk and over promising.(45k)
2) Ted ID<---Still considering as one of the more professional ID, however budget constaint.(50k)
3) Inside Story(Previously Inside Story Pte Ltd, Previously Summit Design)<---Too busy to entertain me.
4) Renoguyz Nick(ty jasminnie)<--- too busy to entertain me, comes up with lame excuses like eye not good, assistant do the quote etc.
5) SimpleReno Melvin<--- Too slipshort
6)Absolook Zhi Ying<--- Met him during their roadshows, 3 weeks later msg me cmi for the quote. Never heard of concrete support or platform using raised floor sucker to open etc.
After going through a few t-Blogs, eg: Freb, leonjennawong etc, I managed to get a few concepts and idea...

MyHSE

After 2 months of filtering and interviewing, I have decided to engage Ace Space Design, Zion Yeow for my house renovation. Not only was she sincere(maybe cause staying nearby), she was also able to give me the lowest quote(literally squeezed dry) amongst all the other ID. Viewed her completed project and found the workmanship to be acceptable. Signed her last Saturday.

Reserved for future updates...

Edited by lonerboi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Step 1: Screeding is finally completed

Step 2: Awaiting tiles from Hafary to arrive from China, ETA 29~30th Aug 2015.

Step 3: Aircon was paid downpayment to AJ, seems like the group buy dealer at our Sunshine Gardens Estate. Going for 1x28VA to serve 2x GE10 and 1x GE24, 1x10VA to serve 1x GE10.

Step 4: Grohe rainshower purchased @ 50% discount from Asia Excel(SG50 50% till end of Aug 2015)

Step 5: Kitchen sink/tap, hob/hood, toilet sink/vanity paid deposit for Hoe Kee

Step 6: Kitchen top selected at Lian Hin, granite Emerald Pearl

Step 7: Brought ID to blum to experience the kitchen we want

Step 8: 35L Joven Storage heater purchased.

Edited by lonerboi

I used chief architect. Not a free software, quite easy to use. But they provide a 30days free trial which is more than enough.