Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lamanouyang

3A model renovation budget

Hi All,

My wife and me are comparing 2 different units in the same building. Both are 3A model, around 73 sqm. But first one is totally no renovation at all, its purely empty inside, the second one has renovation and price is 25K higher than first. We prefer the first one as give us more freedom for renovation. But just unsure about the reno cost. Can anyone help us by estimate a cost of below works.

Living room & 2 bedrooms

Overlay engineered floor on existing one.

Kitchen

Cupboard around 3-4m long, hack all wall tile and floor tile, redo, change refuse chute.

2 toilets

Basically hack all and redo, except water pipes as upgraded during HIP.

Whole unit

Change main door, 2 bedroom door, store room door, add kitchen sliding door.

Re-route whole unit's electrical wiring.

Lighting, switch and socket all change new.

Wall painting whole unit.

Can anyone help to estimate if above works can be done ard 20-25K. All tiles and cupboard assume using normal one, and those popular among others.This is our first time to buy a house and totally no experience on renovation. Thank you very much!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hacking of kitchen cabinet and haulage will be from $1500 onwards.  Add additional for wall and floor tiles.  Why don't plaster over the wall tiles and overlay the floor tiles?

Kitchen floor tiling works + tiles approximate $1300.  I did plastering over existing wall tiles in the kitchen for $1500.

Vinyl/laminate flooring $2500 onward.  Add more for engineered wood.

Each toilet budget at least $4000.  Cost will also depends on the tiles and sanitary wares/accessories chosen.

Interior doors, budget $350 + for one.  Main door and gate, I don't have the prices.

Rewiring, budget $2500 onward.  I paid $250 to change all the face plates plus simple switches/wiring work (no massive rewiring involved).

Painting, budget $950 onward for max 6 colours.

On 6/29/2016 at 4:06 PM, jordonchong said:

Possible if you go for direct renovation contractors. If you go for ID, might shoot up to 30k 

Hi, Jordon, many thanks for your quote. Yes, we will go for contractor as we dun wan those fancy reno.

1 hour ago, dils said:

Hacking of kitchen cabinet and haulage will be from $1500 onwards.  Add additional for wall and floor tiles.  Why don't plaster over the wall tiles and overlay the floor tiles?

Kitchen floor tiling works + tiles approximate $1300.  I did plastering over existing wall tiles in the kitchen for $1500.

Vinyl/laminate flooring $2500 onward.  Add more for engineered wood.

Each toilet budget at least $4000.  Cost will also depends on the tiles and sanitary wares/accessories chosen.

Interior doors, budget $350 + for one.  Main door and gate, I don't have the prices.

Rewiring, budget $2500 onward.  I paid $250 to change all the face plates plus simple switches/wiring work (no massive rewiring involved).

Painting, budget $950 onward for max 6 colours.

Hi dils, many thanks for your detailed quote. Now roughly have an idea of reno cost. Reason I want to hack tiles is the HDB has 30+ years, the unit is owned by JTC, and rent to foreigners previously. I dun think those tenants will maintain them well. So play safe, we plan to redo toilets and kitchen completely.

On 6/29/2016 at 3:42 PM, lamanouyang said:

Hi All,

My wife and me are comparing 2 different units in the same building. Both are 3A model, around 73 sqm. But first one is totally no renovation at all, its purely empty inside, the second one has renovation and price is 25K higher than first. We prefer the first one as give us more freedom for renovation. But just unsure about the reno cost. Can anyone help us by estimate a cost of below works.

Living room & 2 bedrooms

Overlay engineered floor on existing one.

Kitchen

Cupboard around 3-4m long, hack all wall tile and floor tile, redo, change refuse chute.

2 toilets

Basically hack all and redo, except water pipes as upgraded during HIP.

Whole unit

Change main door, 2 bedroom door, store room door, add kitchen sliding door.

Re-route whole unit's electrical wiring.

Lighting, switch and socket all change new.

Wall painting whole unit.

Can anyone help to estimate if above works can be done ard 20-25K. All tiles and cupboard assume using normal one, and those popular among others.This is our first time to buy a house and totally no experience on renovation. Thank you very much!

Hi there, you situation is exactly the same as mine. I saw 2 flats on the same floor of same floor, with asking 30k difference. Did you choose the cheaper unit in the end? And if you found a good contractor that can do the above within your budget?

19 hours ago, skinnylemur said:

Hi there, you situation is exactly the same as mine. I saw 2 flats on the same floor of same floor, with asking 30k difference. Did you choose the cheaper unit in the end? And if you found a good contractor that can do the above within your budget?

Hi, in the end we choose the cheaper one, coz even the more expensive one, I still have to renovate, so why not to choose a cheaper one and spend the difference on renovation. I may going to look for contractor soon, coz the flat owner is JTC, very strict on procedures, only allow one day for contractor visit house.