Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
saychez

Any Feedback On Tong Hong Renovation

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

Anyone have any feedback on Tong Hong Renovation?

Thanks

Hi,

My mom place and grandmom place were all renovated by tong hong. I can say tt their workmanship is one of the good one which i c so far, but their prices are on the high side compared to others and heard from my mom, the boss seem to be a little difficult to ask for any freebies or discount.

Hi,

My mom place and grandmom place were all renovated by tong hong. I can say tt their workmanship is one of the good one which i c so far, but their prices are on the high side compared to others and heard from my mom, the boss seem to be a little difficult to ask for any freebies or discount.

Hi..

Thanks for the feedback. If their prices are high, should be no hidden cost right? :notti:

Anyway, did you just renovate your house? Any contacts to exchange?

Thanks for replying the thread.

hi, my house is in the midst of renovation by tong hong. it started off ok with the wet works. until now.

their workmanship for painting is ridiculous! totally unacceptable and not up to standard. engaged them cos they did a great job for my relatives' place. n yes, i agree their price is not on the low side either. now waiting for them to do rectifications to the painting of the whole house.

like to elaborate on the extent of bad painting workmanship by tong hong -

1) cracks, holes on walls are not touched up

2) ceilings in kitchen, kitchen toilet, MBR toilet insufficient plastering

3) painting of main door frame is 'out' of the frame and very uneven coating. shdn't the frame be smoothened before painting?

4) painting between 2 edges of wall not 'straight'. very obvious between 2 walls whereby 1 wall is a dark colour against a light colour. shdn't a masking tape be used?

5) bedroom door frames not painted with sufficient coats of paints. painting is 'out' of door frame too.

6) very badly paintings done on trunkings, pipes. uneven coating. some are like dried drippings of paints, others are just lines of paints due to insufficient paint used.

7) paintings did not cover the whiteboard markers' ink on the wall.

8) painter did not bother to use a smaller brush to paint hard to reach area. there are lots of pockets of unpainted wall!

the list is still on-going. already vomit blood.