Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jermaine Ho

Adding a Type-G outlet to a light switch

Hi guys, I would like to find out and learn if i can splice the light switch wiring and add another power outlet next to the light switch? Or are the wires that run to the light switch not suitable for a power socket?

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's against the wiring code and you are right the wires from light switch are not of the correct size for power sockets. Besides, most light switches do not have neutral and earth wires at the switch itself.

I think that it's possible. I have never seen  such a big flag pole getting installed before. Sure, in my garden there’s one but it’s rather small (only a bit higher than me). What the flag pole in the video is lacking is some flag pole lights. I mean come on, for such a high flag pole, how come there’s no light? Even I gotten for my flag pole in the garden. I got my light on Amazon. To be honest, the light turned out better than I expected. It was a blind purchase so I was very surprised to find out that the light is solar powered ( and here I was trying to brainstorm what to do with the wires and how to connect the electricity). I was even more shocked to find out that the light has a ver cool sunlight detector and that it can automatically turn on and off depending on the sunlight.