Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chen Jiayuan

3i HDB flat wc / bathroom

Buying a resale 3i hdb flat and looking for proven solution on the net. As you all may already know, 3i hdb flat comes with two separate cubicles, 1 wc, 1 bathroom. which is only 1.68m in length, with the bathroom slightly wider than the wc cubicle  by 1.5m Vs 1m.

Most likely, I will be renting out the common room of the 3i flat.

What i'm thinking is to seal up the bathroom door, and hack the wall connecting to the masterbedroom. Means now, the "attached" bathroom is only for bathing and a sink.

Next,is to install a shower in the wc cubicle, which i know is pretty cramp. So that tenant(s) can use the 'common' toilet for their showering. My biggest concern is this. This maybe a show stopper for me to rent out, as tenants may feel the wc cubicle is now for 'wc' AND showering.

Since HDB does not allow a second wc to be installed in the 'attached' bathroom, guess i have to make do with sharing the 'throne' with tenants.

Does anyone has a better solution for this 3i bathroom? Or what's your take on this 3i wc/toilet issue?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation