Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rainy

Possibly the worst ID u ever want to meet..

I have just completed the renovation works of a 3rm BTO that took more than 3 months to complete. 

This 3 months is a nightmare anyone ever wants to encounter.

Ended the entire saga by taking over the liaison with their contractors and had to physically meet the contractors to tell them what we want.

To cut the story short, we met a few contractors and decide on this ID even thou we know she's rather new to this industry (2-3 yrs). She managed to impress us with her ideas and dedication during the discussion stage and we thought newbies maybe more attentive to their projects as compared to experienced ones.

Experience tells us, this may not be the case. Below are a few epic scenes that may cause you to jaw drop:

1. Every single works need touch up. Be it carpentry, false ceiling and even plumbing works. 

2. As our place is rather far from her office and residence, we notice she hardly come to the job site to monitor the contractors as she does not drive. (we realised she hardly goes to the work site as we asked the workers if she discuss with them on the requirements before they start work. And we were told instructions were sent over the phone)

3. Serious major communication glitch with her contractors. When carpentry works went wrong, she pushed the blame to the contractors and told us not her fault that wardrobe turns out this way.  (Refer to below images)

- Electrical points covered by the wardrobe. (Electrical point was the first completed work. Carpentry work is last after painting and tiles.) She didn't realised this until we informed her.

- Wardrobe door blocked by aircon. (Blame electrician for not informing us of the impending issue of the wardrobe door when she, as an ID, should be the main point of contact with us)   

4. Actual carpentry works differs from artist impression. Only realised works cannot be carried out after carpenters told her the restrictions. 

- Gave all kinds of excuses to convince us to change our original design.

Too much to name. In short, I hardly comment on other's work on social media. There are bound to be frustrations when dealing with IDs. But the fact i took the effort to share my frustrations here, this is beyond my tolerance level. I hope other new home owners don't land themselves in the same situation as I did. PM me if u like to know the ID. 

Stefani from Im*ge Cr*at*ve De*ig*

Here's wishing all a smooth sailing 2019....

MBR Electrical Pt.JPG

Aircon.jpg

Wardrobe.jpg

Electrical Point.jpg

Edited by Rainy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation