Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rajpal Singh

Alvin Aw MATRIX CONCEPT: GREAT EXPERIENCE! Highly Recommended.

Hi guys

This is way overdue but I finally got some time off my busy schedule.

Alvin Aw from Matrix Concept was first introduced to us by a friend of mine who had some work done at his office. He was highly recommended obviously.

Back in 2013, my wife and I had planned to renovate my parent's flat at Blk 469B Admiralty Drive, Sembawang, which was rented out for four years and was pretty much in a state of disrepair. We received quotes from 5 renovation contractors. Alvin's quote was the second lowest. However, he understood us and his ideas were both practical and imaginative. The look we went for at the time was industrial/scandi. 

The floor plan was challenging. in fact it was ridiculous. What the heck were you thinking HDB?! My floorplan is the first, and probably the worst. Fan Shaped, Pizza abomination. Click on this link to see. Mine took top prize for HDB ridiculousness.

https://www.renotalk.sg/bizarre-hdb-floorplans-which-will-leave-you-flabbergasted/

Anyway, I digress. After about 3 good months, Alvin and his team completely transformed the flat. This was the plan Alvin and my wife came up with. (I can't think in 3D). Alvin is a purist and he uses sketches, not 3D rendering like most cut throat "interior designers" use. We used a free online software to help the process.

Alvin was always contactable and he often presented multiple options for us to consider. He saved us some money as well by suggesting cheaper options and also by advising us against over indulging in certain luxuries.

When the house was done, we were absolutely amazed with the final outcome. Total gutting, flooring, doors, kitchen rework, rewiring, toilets, basically everything came to about 58k. (2013 price)

Anyway, here are some pictures from that project.

image.png.b959cb877ee66c66ed8907233d0412aa.png

image.png.c42f30365324763994eb1abd29cb96ef.png

image.png.af7ff0ec97e8f53adfcf25128a04beb8.png

image.png.a7af915b4fa8797b172f8f221d37de00.png

Fast forward to 2018, my wife and I were on the hunt for our own property. By this time, Alvin and I were already family friends and he accompanied us on house viewings so we could pick his brains for renovation estimates. He gave us some awesome recommendations and told us to avoid committing on one house which my wife and i had pretty much fallen in love with due to the some fundamental, including structural flaws with the development.

We finally decided on a 1900 sq ft unit at Pasir Panjang. Once again, Alvin helped us build our dream home with quality fittings and at a good price. He delivered on time and I have absolutely no complaints. My wife and I are truly happy with his work and would strongly recommend him.

Before this starts to sound like a love letter to Alvin, some points.

Alvin does not do 3D rendering. So for the spatially challenged like myself, this can be difficult.

He needs to be reminded on certain jobs. Haha he forgot to do install some fittings after the tile work was done and we had to do some reverse engineering as a result.

His tilers are phenomenal.

He uses good quality plywood. I never knew there was a difference until i saw some pretty crappy wood at a friend's place.

He can be a bit stubborn. But give him a chance. He REFUSED to change the colours of my doors once. Now I thank him for not listening to me.

I shall leave his instagram account at the bottom of this thread for ya'll to see. My project is one of the earlier ones in his insta called Landridge Condo.

image.png.9e4af03330ee004c00e3d942577f293f.png

image.png.32a714e49e803a6110f269cf5efb512b.png

image.png.2cb44d8bc5ac3d790deb08638870710a.png

https://www.instagram.com/matrix_concept/?hl=en

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation