Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Monkey

Aircon Installation

An existing property is 10+ years old and has concealed aircon piping. Would you consider hacking and replacing the existing concealed aircon piping? Regardless of changing fancoil positions? What are the advantages and disadvantages of re-doing the concealed aircon piping?

Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
An existing property is 10+ years old and has concealed aircon piping. Would you consider hacking and replacing the existing concealed aircon piping? Regardless of changing fancoil positions? What are the advantages and disadvantages of re-doing the concealed aircon piping?

Thanks in advance.

I think best to take out the existing piping. Coz u wont know the condition of the piping until issues starts coming up. My current place (staying wif parents), piping was used for 8-10 yrs and recently change new aircon but using existing piping, think has sweating. I guess piping stuff not meant to use beyond 10 yrs. Nowadays maybe less.

To redo u have to hack out all the concealed parts. May have to pay extra for that. Maybe can bargain wif the contractor to include this service. Definitely need to change the piping. Plastic casing can still consider keep.

Jus my opinion. Cheers. :dunno:

Agree with wtg54. If can afford to, its always better to change new.

This is unlike electrical wires that can last for a long time, aircon pipings and insulation has limited lifespan.

recently got a quote to redo concealed piping for condo ... $500 additional cost for a system3 + system2 ... is it reasonable?

recently got a quote to redo concealed piping for condo ... $500 additional cost for a system3 + system2 ... is it reasonable?

Depend what is the work order consist, do you know?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is adviseable to replace the piping. There are 2 way of doing it.

1 Terminate the existing pipe and hack new conceal pipe to new location you want it to be. Just ignore the existing pipe as the pipe maybe done during construction period which may be going through beam or pillar. Don't take the risk to tamper with these structure. Even not, it may be running through the wardrobe or other installation, then it will cost more to remove and make good later. Why take the hassle.

2. Terminate the existing pipe and lay on surface if you don't mind the casing. This method cost cheaper than the conceal 1. Also you can easily rectify and see any problem if occur. The best part is that you can save the hassle from prolong time and messy hacking work.

Care to share what coy.

$500 is for conceal piping ?

$500 is for new conceal line or remove existing and replace new conceal line. ?

Care to share what coy.

$500 is for conceal piping ?

$500 is for new conceal line or remove existing and replace new conceal line. ?

Gxxx Cxxx

Not sure whether new line or remove existing, but I said I want to retain the drainage pipe (cos these run under the flooring and me not changing flooring) and change the aircon piping (concealed in walls). Besides the usual aircon systems costs (our house requires 1xsystem2 and 1xsystem3), my quote includes $500 for concealed piping costs and $250 to upgrade to 1/2" armaflex insulation ...

Any comments on the quote?

Gxxx Cxxx

Not sure whether new line or remove existing, but I said I want to retain the drainage pipe (cos these run under the flooring and me not changing flooring) and change the aircon piping (concealed in walls). Besides the usual aircon systems costs (our house requires 1xsystem2 and 1xsystem3), my quote includes $500 for concealed piping costs and $250 to upgrade to 1/2" armaflex insulation ...

Any comments on the quote?

Sorry bro Hocl,

Cannot comments cos, me too need to change existing conceal pipe.

Thought I learn some from you.

But don't they ask you the length of layout and type of installation (new line or remove existing)

before quotation, guess these does not matter on the quote......?

I am kinda worry, they may damage some of my existing structure if they remove existing line

Kinda strange, my previous hse expose pipe cause condensation, current conceal no problem

Maybe, don't know problem cos cannot see..mah.

Will keep u posted if any info.

Check with GC.... salesman says generally $150 for sys 3. ( conceal pipe )

But could go up to $300 depends after viewing...

This job is removing existing and replace new ....

If cannot remove, will inform to owner

Insulation neccessary only if pipe length too long....