Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lyrehs

Storage Of Books

Hi all,

i have an empty room and am thinking of converting it into a library cum guest bedroom. Anyone has any photos i could refer to or any ideas?

I have more than 1000 manga (comic books) as well as misc. reference books, paperbacks etc. Hence, i really need something that can maximise space and yet allows me to have some flexibility in arranging the height of the shelves.

Thanks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

i have an empty room and am thinking of converting it into a library cum guest bedroom. Anyone has any photos i could refer to or any ideas?

I have more than 1000 manga (comic books) as well as misc. reference books, paperbacks etc. Hence, i really need something that can maximise space and yet allows me to have some flexibility in arranging the height of the shelves.

Thanks!!

we asked our ID to custom make cupboards for his comics.

Do you have photos i can view? Thanks!

Found a useful book on creating storage space at Boarders. Storage, creative solutions for a well-organised home by Caroline Clifton-Mogg. It's many great ideas and pictures.

Hi, just want to check that is it better to get the ID to make or buy from stores like ikea, courts etc....

If the price is not much different i think get ID to make is so much better.

Hi, just want to check that is it better to get the ID to make or buy from stores like ikea, courts etc....

If the price is not much different i think get ID to make is so much better.

in general getting the ID to make is better

1) choice of colors to suit your decor

2) full height cabinets - off-the-shelf (pun intended) shelves do not match your ceiling height exactly, thus can trap dust, etc

3) solid plywood versus chipboard (though there are exceptions) which tends to sag after a few years. also you can tell your ID to make thicker shelves for bookshelves so they don't sag.

of course getting ID is more ex

usu $190-$210 per foot run versus up to $120 pfr for standard shelves (of course there are like really dirt-cheap and really expensive store bought shelves as well!)

Edited by purpledino

Totally agreed with what purpledino mentioned. We got our ID to design the book shelf & storage cabinets and choose the color to matched our room design & color...but more expensive than ikea.