Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JKK1

Heat proofing an apartment

Hi, has anybody ever installed additional heat insulation into their home walls and ceiling? Would like to get some opinions on whether adding a wall with heat insulation might help mitigate the rooms heating up in an afternoon sun-facing apartment. We really like a top floor apartment. The room walls all get a lot of sun, and have 1 window each. Since the world is heating up, and we like the place and would like to live there long term we figure it's worth it to try heat-proofing it properly. Can anyone advise if the layers of insulation would help to a noticeable degree? We would also install good quality solar film onto the windows. Not sure if installing new double glazed windows would be vastly different compared to just using solar film either, also happy to hear thoughts/experiences on changing the windows out. We are not opposed to using the air con, but would also like to be able to hang out in the rooms without air con sometimes, hence the work.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

In singapore this is hard to do because most of the building are built of solid bricks and not drywall and the only you can do to reduce heat is probably to use a reflective paint

Well, heating the **** ceiling isn't such a great idea, especially if you live on the middle or the first floor. I would only consider that if you live on the last floor. However, you have to understand that you would have to drop the ceiling for another couple of centimeters which is not that great. Moreover, I just don't understand why anyone would need to heatproof an apartment. I mean, they are already proofed, man. If you really want it to be hot in your apartment, you could get in touch with a leading Heat Pump supplier and get a couple of heat pumps.