Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
barnett

Urgent Help Needed- Quotation Review For 4 Rm Premium

Sorri wat is EM? mine is 4 rm premium.

Definately i may still ask for our quote..but this ID can click with me and i like some of concepts which is quite unique. :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
R u sure you can get $1,350 to paint up an EM with ICI or Nippon paint? Let us to some home work. You need at least 3 White emulsion for ceiling and wall undercoat-$120, 2 can of paint to each room say vinyl sinlk - $50 X 2 can X 3 room, 3 can for hall and living - $150,, 1 can for passage and other area $50, and 2 can of sealer $80, 1 can of weather shield for balcony - $60 Total paint material only (not inclusive of roller paint, brush, protection, masking tap, plastering material etc) $760.00 excluding GST. Which is to say max they only cost $590.00 for labour without profit. Last that I understand, you need 2 man to paint a EM for abt 8 days esp typical work at staircase which has 16ft tall wall and where they can't place the ladder there. By calcution, $590/8days/2man, which is to say their labour can accept $36,85 per day. Wow real cheap labour and the company is good that they don't make profit from painting... unbelieveable. Bear in mind that even they use Bangladeshi general worker, their levy is $16.00 per day then I think maybe possible. Else, There must be some area which they "save" up for their profit....like mixing cheap paint lor

hmm the paint you buy where, why so expensive one?

home fix selling medifresh 3-in-1 at $50 per 5 litre can, think vinyl silk is going at $30+ only

btw, mine is an EA, total area is only 134sqm :sport-smiley-004:

hmm the paint you buy where, why so expensive one?

home fix selling medifresh 3-in-1 at $50 per 5 litre can, think vinyl silk is going at $30+ only

btw, mine is an EA, total area is only 134sqm :curse:

Even at the rate that you quote the material price still come up to $600+++. What about the profit margin and labour cost? I think something fishy right? Or did you have engage a charity organisation to work for you, or could you be using illegal worker for the work? We have to face the reality, which sometime as a owner, we should do our homework to est the cost for the contractor so as to ensure that they make some reasonable profit. Else, keep squeezing them, meaning to take away their rise bowl, guess what will you get in return.

if you get contractor's price, the paint is even cheaper

i can get the paint at $40 also

and each room only require one can for two coats

then nippon official offer is $1500 for EA, can use credit card 0% IPP

they also use illegal worker?

:curse:;)

the cheapest offer i've gotten is $900 for my unit with medifresh

but that one i really dun trust loh

patrick is trustworthy and i've spoken to the painter

done a good job patching up everything, including the exposed light points etc

if you get contractor's price, the paint is even cheaper

i can get the paint at $40 also

and each room only require one can for two coats

then nippon official offer is $1500 for EA, can use credit card 0% IPP

they also use illegal worker?

:curse:;)

the cheapest offer i've gotten is $900 for my unit with medifresh

but that one i really dun trust loh

patrick is trustworthy and i've spoken to the painter

done a good job patching up everything, including the exposed light points etc

Please check on the specification on the paint chart - Each litre of paint can only cover $8 sq m. Base on the smallest room area of 3m X 3m X 2.7m, you maybe right that 1 can is just nice theorically. But not forgetting the wastage, and any uneven coating which most painter will paint 2 coat of finishing to be proper. That's why I say expected to be 2 can or at least 7 litres, but most finishing paint come in 5 litre. Painter maybe getting slightly cheaper price but only by couple of dollars, unless they mixed with more water to dilute it or use and cheaper range like (self mixed paint). Nothing come cheap nowadays.

For your info, Nippon is our company's client. They don't do painting themselves, but if any project work, they only supply paint and work with their sub contractor back to back(Which mean they'll not be liable for any illegal workers). So for that, I could say for sure if there is any illegal worker as it is their sub contractor's responsibility to ensure that. Using 0% credit can be done with most company exp a job of $1500 only, no big deal. For a price of $1500 for EA is quite reasonably quote with some profit. Please do your homework before you quote here.

All proper painting and responsible painter will know that they need to expose lighting and plaster all uneven surface, crack and holes. This is call wall treatment. Thanks for bringing this up. This is quite some work to do. Unless you tell me they have no labour and material cost to do this part of work. So if I'm adding the cost of this part of work, do you think what your contractor quoted is realistic. I'm not saying that it is impossible but some contractor swift their pricing or rather profit here and there so as to make their quotation attractive. Like painting work, which some owner prefer to do themselves, so contractor will bring the cost down and hide some cost to other items. When owner look at the item, it will give a perception that they are cheap. This is a common strategy they use. Nothing come free esp in Singapore. We should look at overall and face reality. A reasonable profit for reasonable contractor is appreciation, If You sucks their blood like vampire, then you will have to face a vampire later....hahahah :)

honestly, the only person who is trying to quote here is definitely not me

if nippon can quote $1.5k taking their rental, salesperson's pay and the 5% bank charge for IPP, i dun see why contractors can't quote $1.35k? diff of $150 to cover all that?

not sure about nippon dun do paint jobs, whose counters are those at home-fix offering paint and painting services???

as for the diluted paints or lower quality, that's a rather serious allegations you are making there.

do you have any proof? or come across anyone who does that?

i choose to trust those i engaged, if not i won't engage them in the first place, would i?

if you are in doubt, can always check out the ho bee thread where you will learn more about my contractor.

this is a forum for home-owners to share their renovation experience, not for solicitation of business.

this is the price i've gotten so why should i be afraid to share here

if my contractor can make a profit on it, i dun see why he can't pass the savings on to me.

attractiveness of a quote is the TOTAL price, not the itemised price

if one can do the exact same things at a lower total price, do you think i will go for one that charges cheap for only some items???

honestly, the only person who is trying to quote here is definitely not me

if nippon can quote $1.5k taking their rental, salesperson's pay and the 5% bank charge for IPP, i dun see why contractors can't quote $1.35k? diff of $150 to cover all that?

not sure about nippon dun do paint jobs, whose counters are those at home-fix offering paint and painting services??? So your contractor do not have salesperson, rental? Nobody is say contractor can't quote $1.35k. Even you have mentioned that there are ppl quoting you $900 right? It is normally the contractor's presentation to perusade and attract business. Certainly, there are many other strategy to that.

as for the diluted paints or lower quality, that's a rather serious allegations you are making there.

do you have any proof? or come across anyone who does that? I dun think I need to proof this if you had read the past posting here. In practical, there are ppl whom does that and the forumer had post in here. If you say stating my opinion is a serious allegations, I would think you are selling highly on behalf for your contractor

i choose to trust those i engaged, if not i won't engage them in the first place, would i? I'm happy you understand that you need to work with someone comfortable and not the price only. The chinese saying "Yi ren bu yong, yong ren bu yi"

if you are in doubt, can always check out the ho bee thread where you will learn more about my contractor.

this is a forum for home-owners to share their renovation experience, not for solicitation of business.

this is the price i've gotten so why should i be afraid to share here

if my contractor can make a profit on it, i dun see why he can't pass the savings on to me.

[I dun have any doubt neither is there a need. I read the post too, but had never bad mouth about Ho bee right? I dun have to learn about your contractor because I knew I'm comfortable with who I engaged, neither am I solicitating the business, but it looks you sell highly for your contractor. Dun think posting opinion is anything offensive, but do not understand why are you so heat up? Its only in my opinion and justification that it must not be a true price but it could be a business strategy that's all, unless you think otherwise.

attractiveness of a quote is the TOTAL price, not the itemised price

if one can do the exact same things at a lower total price, do you think i will go for one that charges cheap for only some items??? I'm not you, so no comment to your statement. I believe engaging someone comfortable and I must feel secure. I agree that total price is important but not the itemised price which you have stress so much on your cheap painting cost. It might be a way that your contractor doing it as a package (their strategy) but you are "selling" the point as an itemise cost and now contradicting the statement. But glad that you understand and care to look at total than itemised price. So please do not "sell" your price by itemised price... :):bangwall::yamseng:

Edited by bullet

guess this has gone the wrong way

i was just pointing out to the TS that the items in the quote are above market rate

e.g. the painting works, the electrical works etc

you had singled out the painting cost and made some comments on it which i find a little offensive.

if you had read my first few post, i didn't mention any details of my contractor

i didn't even try to recommend him

it's just the comments which i find is rather rude - dilute paint, illegal workers etc

it simply didn't come across as 'opinion'

i quote - 'or could you be using illegal worker for the work?'

and just fyi, my contractor does not have salesperson :dunno:

this is all i have to say, i've be hijacking this thread long enough

my apologies TS :notti:

so, barnett, have you gotten a requote?

Or did you go out and find some more contractors/ID for other quotes to compare with this ID you have in mind?

Going thru this thread, there are lots of really good comments from the other forummers with regards to your quotation in the first post.

I hope you are getting a good deal for your renovation. All the best!