Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
does anyone engage this company to renovate your house before ?

Never hear before. Are they HDB licence contractor? Care to share your quote?

Never hear before. Are they HDB licence contractor? Care to share your quote?

I called them, they said being registered to HDB.

But i don't know with the other projects that they had completed, maybe they used the other contractor license to do that. their quotation is in average. I will pm you their quotation.

I called them, they said being registered to HDB.

But i don't know with the other projects that they had completed, maybe they used the other contractor license to do that. their quotation is in average. I will pm you their quotation.

Thanks for your quote. You can always go to HDB website to check if they are licenced. Don't ever depend on "they say so" which they might be using others licence and when things happen, they will tell you "you should know"; there you will be caught

Thanks for your quote. You can always go to HDB website to check if they are licenced. Don't ever depend on "they say so" which they might be using others licence and when things happen, they will tell you "you should know"; there you will be caught

Hi,

Thaj Homes is another branch of Homeway Design at Queensway Shopping Centre. Boss is Indian. Always advertise on Vasantham Central. Read thread on Homeway Design for more info.

I checked on ACRA @ https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServle...IZFILE-BIZCODIR and there are two interior design companies with the name "THAJ":

1. 200706161D - THAJ HOMES AND INTERIORS PTE. LTD.

2. 200612918C - THAJ INTERIOR DESIGN PTE. LTD.

(NB: The first four digits represent the year of company registration, ie Thaj Homes and Interiors was only registered this year)

To get further details on the company, you need to pay $5, where it will reveal the exact registration date, paid-up capital, directors' and shareholders' names.

As for HDB licence, you can check @ http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos118p.nsf.

Lo and behold, both the ID with the name "Thaj" is not in the list; I even tried to check using their company's registration no.

Also checked on "Homeway", and their HDB licence was suspended VERY RECENTLY on 30 Jul'07 for "Failed to rectify leakage resulting from the renovation works". This is their second offence, by the way; the first time was 15 Dec'06 where they were penalised for "Hacked the structural members". This is the same company in Queensway Shopping Centre as mentioned by hdbfan.

Hmmz, based on the brief analysis by Investigator Zirhk (hehe!), you should pay the $5 to check on Thaj if you still want to continue using them. Don't be surprised if "Thaj Homes and Interior Pte Ltd" was registered a few days ago, so as to act as the sister company for "Homeway Design" because the latter is now suspended.

If not, better SIAM FAR FAR AWAY FROM THEM!:furious: Don't take my word for it; use the two websites to investigate yourself.

Edited by zirhk3355

I checked on ACRA @ https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServle...IZFILE-BIZCODIR and there are two interior design companies with the name "THAJ":

1. 200706161D - THAJ HOMES AND INTERIORS PTE. LTD.

2. 200612918C - THAJ INTERIOR DESIGN PTE. LTD.

(NB: The first four digits represent the year of company registration, ie Thaj Homes and Interiors was only registered this year)

To get further details on the company, you need to pay $5, where it will reveal the exact registration date, paid-up capital, directors' and shareholders' names.

As for HDB licence, you can check @ http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos118p.nsf.

Lo and behold, both the ID with the name "Thaj" is not in the list; I even tried to check using their company's registration no.

Also checked on "Homeway", and their HDB licence was suspended VERY RECENTLY on 30 Jul'07 for "Failed to rectify leakage resulting from the renovation works". This is their second offence, by the way; the first time was 15 Dec'06 where they were penalised for "Hacked the structural members". This is the same company in Queensway Shopping Centre as mentioned by hdbfan.

Hmmz, based on the brief analysis by Investigator Zirhk (hehe!), you should pay the $5 to check on Thaj if you still want to continue using them. Don't be surprised if "Thaj Homes and Interior Pte Ltd" was registered a few days ago, so as to act as the sister company for "Homeway Design" because the latter is now suspended.

If not, better SIAM FAR FAR AWAY FROM THEM!:furious: Don't take my word for it; use the two websites to investigate yourself.

Ya better "SIAM FAR FAR" and they will register another company call "SIAM88" specially for you ppl. But hehehe. But looking at the situation, it seems quite truly that "Thaj home" and "Thaj Interior" are linked and high possibility same owner but using "Tua Pei Kong" to register other company. Sound sneaky. Better beware

does anyone engage this company to renovate your house before ?

Kramotak, consider yourself lucky that zirhk3355 is so sweet to check the info specially for you.

Edited by bullet

Ya better "SIAM FAR FAR" and they will register another company call "SIAM88" specially for you ppl. But hehehe. But looking at the situation, it seems quite truly that "Thaj home" and "Thaj Interior" are linked and high possibility same owner but using "Tua Pei Kong" to register other company. Sound sneaky. Better beware

Kramotak, consider yourself lucky that zirhk3355 is so sweet to check the info specially for you.

I am more concerned about Thaj and Homeway, since hdbfan said they are linked. Homeway was suspended on 30 Jul 2007, Thaj was registered in 2007 also - SO COINCIDENCE??? Alot of companies actually registered a "sister company" when their company are suspended, so that they can continue to work.

And thanks for saying that I am sweet... :furious:

However, beyond being sweet, I am posting the websites where ALL of us can do investigations ourselves on our ID. Do remember, I am really not a private investigator or anything like that; I am your average joe who just bought a HDB flat also.

The point is, it only took me 10 minutes to find out all the info above - Everyone who got internet can do it; just whether you want to do or not.

Edited by zirhk3355

yes I would like to thanks to zirhk3355 for your investigation. you are so sweet !!

and for bullet thanks for give me some feefback on the quotation.

I think I will think 10 times if I want to sign up with them.

hi guys,

am one of the victim for homeway and i can see many faces in Thaj, who were working for homeway.

so, beware of these guys.... they will make sure repent for your decision to choose them !

hi guys,

am one of the victim for homeway and i can see many faces in Thaj, who were working for homeway.

so, beware of these guys.... they will make sure repent for your decision to choose them !

What happen? care to share here?

What happen? care to share here?

i have one posting explaining my expereience with Homeway.

in brief, they ask me to pay on top of agreed amount. showing all nonsense reasons for that.

also, they did not complete my reno work.

ended up in small claims tribunal. ofcourse, i did receive part of my money back.

but the experience with them is horrible.

This is another warning for those who are considering Thaj Home Interior.

They are unprofessional, unhelpful and top of that they are not much cheaper than other prominent interior designers. The ID does not up at all during the work and literally had to plan everything ourselves.

They refuse to finish up the work until i paid them full. Even though, most companies will take the remaining payments after finishing up everything.

They called the workers to stop working and leave in the middle of the day unless i paid them which was outright blackmailing.

I hope others heed this warning and stay away from them. I really don't know how to get this msg across to more people and i cant understate the importance of staying away from them.