Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lerlaine

Plastering Of 3 Room Wall & Painting Over Dark Colour

Hi

Can anyone advise roughly what is the cost of plastering the living room of an old 3 room flat?

Also, any tips on painting over dark pink, dark green and bright yellow walls? Does primer work better than painting a few layers?

Am still considering if i should do DIY painting or to engage painter, coz the current dark colour might be a challenge to paint.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

to paint over, use a couple of base coats, before applying another 2 layers of color. time consuming, as you need to wait for each coat to dry for long lasting effect.

to paint over, use a couple of base coats, before applying another 2 layers of color. time consuming, as you need to wait for each coat to dry for long lasting effect.

Hi Getzski

Thanks for your advice. (:

May i know if there is any difference between base coat and primer?

Painting is tedious. But you can save at least 1/2 of the money. I did mine. 4 room flat. 104sqm.

1. Re-seal/prime if some old paint peel off. Prefer Oil sealer. 4-6 hours apart before the actual paint. Seal to avoid water coming in.

2. Base coat/White Emulsion if your old coat is dark color. (Dark blue/Dark Red). Skip if old paint is light color.

3. At least Two coat of paint. 4 hours apart each. (Assume you buy nippon/dulux). Prefer a day apart. Excuses for rest :) Enjoy, not overwork.

Paper Tape all corner. Buy a big plastic sheet from SK to cover the entire floor from drips. Cover all equipments.

Paint roller. Brush.

Buy 1 litre to try out the color before you go ahead for the 5L. (Always tell your paint store it is for wall. Metal/wood uses different kind of paint. Gloss)

thanks Donfan! Its helpful at least i know what to take note. (:

Painting is tedious. But you can save at least 1/2 of the money. I did mine. 4 room flat. 104sqm.

1. Re-seal/prime if some old paint peel off. Prefer Oil sealer. 4-6 hours apart before the actual paint. Seal to avoid water coming in.

2. Base coat/White Emulsion if your old coat is dark color. (Dark blue/Dark Red). Skip if old paint is light color.

3. At least Two coat of paint. 4 hours apart each. (Assume you buy nippon/dulux). Prefer a day apart. Excuses for rest :) Enjoy, not overwork.

Paper Tape all corner. Buy a big plastic sheet from SK to cover the entire floor from drips. Cover all equipments.

Paint roller. Brush.

Buy 1 litre to try out the color before you go ahead for the 5L. (Always tell your paint store it is for wall. Metal/wood uses different kind of paint. Gloss)