60 replies to this topic

#1 shmj

shmj

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

Anyone used this company b4? think the full name is Linewerkz Concept.

Feedback appreciated! Thanks!

#2 deremi

deremi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

Anyone used this company b4? think the full name is Linewerkz Concept.

Feedback appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.renotalk....?showtopic=8008

#3 shmj

shmj

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

http://www.renotalk....?showtopic=8008

Thanks for the link! !!

#4 deremi

deremi

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the link! :bow:

welcome! ;)

#5 jleo207

jleo207

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

hey all...have any1 of u assigned linewerkz as ur ID b4?can i have any feedback?many thanks

#6 LGG

LGG

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Anyone with experience with this ID firm? Thanx!

#7 junewongyy

junewongyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (jleo207 @ May 31 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey all...have any1 of u assigned linewerkz as ur ID b4?can i have any feedback?many thanks

Hi, we have signed up with Linewerkz, our Designer and part-owner, William Tan, won us over as he was able to give us the confidence that our project was in good hands. He impressed us with his ability to deliver on his promises during our initial meetings, and was prompt and precise every time. We felt assured that he would take personal responsibility for the entire project from design stage to the coordination and overseeing of the various phases of the project until the official handover. His willingness to work with our other sub-cons and ensure that what they install conforms to the theme and image he has drawn up for us is definitely a plus-point. But other than that, he proved to be passionate about his projects and takes pride in both his work as well as the company he represents. He gives us the assurance that six weeks from the start of works, we'll be able to move in happily.

We found William to be flexible and accommodating in the way he customized the details to our suggestions, but he was firm about the integrity of the design that really is his baby.

#8 summverale

summverale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hi junewongyy,

I guess your reno. work should be completed by now. Can you share with us your comments on Linewerkz on their workmanship and things like that?
===

QUOTE (junewongyy @ Sep 28 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, we have signed up with Linewerkz, our Designer and part-owner, William Tan, won us over as he was able to give us the confidence that our project was in good hands. He impressed us with his ability to deliver on his promises during our initial meetings, and was prompt and precise every time. We felt assured that he would take personal responsibility for the entire project from design stage to the coordination and overseeing of the various phases of the project until the official handover. His willingness to work with our other sub-cons and ensure that what they install conforms to the theme and image he has drawn up for us is definitely a plus-point. But other than that, he proved to be passionate about his projects and takes pride in both his work as well as the company he represents. He gives us the assurance that six weeks from the start of works, we'll be able to move in happily.

We found William to be flexible and accommodating in the way he customized the details to our suggestions, but he was firm about the integrity of the design that really is his baby.

#9 xmac2006

xmac2006

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (summverale @ Nov 9 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi junewongyy,

I guess your reno. work should be completed by now. Can you share with us your comments on Linewerkz on their workmanship and things like that?
===
Hi summervale
Replying on behalf of junewongyy, I have a t-blog on our home reno undertaken by Linewerkz. It's an (almost) daily log of the progress of the renos from Day 1 to about yesterday when we actually moved in.

You could say we're happy with our ID. Innovative, flexible, detailed, most importantly prompt and very able to follow through with his promises. Offers solutions when we encounter unforseen problems.

Have a look at what he's done with our house: click here.

#10 Guest_mcatsgp_*

Guest_mcatsgp_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (xmac2006 @ Nov 9 2008, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi summervale
Replying on behalf of junewongyy, I have a t-blog on our home reno undertaken by Linewerkz. It's an (almost) daily log of the progress of the renos from Day 1 to about yesterday when we actually moved in.

You could say we're happy with our ID. Innovative, flexible, detailed, most importantly prompt and very able to follow through with his promises. Offers solutions when we encounter unforseen problems.

Have a look at what he's done with our house: click here.

It's a very different experience with mine.
For me, I'm absolutely not recommend this company .. lots of delays, uncountable sweet promises, and bad workmanship specially carpentry work, while we did lots of carpentry. Really regret enganged them.

#11 summverale

summverale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (mcatsgp @ Dec 4 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a very different experience with mine.
For me, I'm absolutely not recommend this company .. lots of delays, uncountable sweet promises, and bad workmanship specially carpentry work, while we did lots of carpentry. Really regret enganged them.

Hi mcatsgp,

So sorry to hear about your experience. Do you have any photos to show us? Who is your ID?

#12 melvinwong

melvinwong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

Dear all,

I will be getting the keys to my 4-Room Flat @ Sembawang. This firm Linewerkz Pte Ltd is introduced by my friend. I was wondering whether anyone had engaged their services before.
For your help please!

Thank you.

#13 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

Anyone done Linewerkz. How is it quotation. Is it true that ID won't give you final quotation without viewing your flat?

keep asking change this and that.

can anyone advise?

#14 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (happyuser @ Aug 12 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really! see ur PM for more infos

I meet ID from Linewerkz, he mentioned reno cost at $20K and told me pipe need to change. My budget below $15K.
He didn't even email me quotation. He said, view house then will give a final quotation.

I haven't meet up Ben from Summit Design. I don't know Summit Design or Linewerkz.

How do i get rid those odd smell inside the house left by previous owner.

Edited by dean, 13 August 2009 - 01:56 AM.

#15 natgw

natgw

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

i was initially quoted $55k by linewerkz for reno at my 3rm flat...

#16 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

total 12K++ is it okay to post quote at this forum. I wanna to know whether the quotation is okay or not.
Build 1 Wardrobe is $1400, Kitchen Bottom $2800, and Kitchen Cabinet $1600, remove existing cabinets @ Kitchen and hack existing kitchen basin
and dispose debris and skin bin haulage fees 1 Lump $ 1,200.00, paint 3 rm flat and sand and plastered wall and ceiling for the unit $2400.

I need to do the following
- hacking 1 kitchen tile to built a 2inch length storage at Kitchen
- Build Kitchen Cabinet
- Hacking Concrete Sink
- Build 1 Wardrobe at MBR.
- Repair Kitchen Toilet Ceiling
- Change Kitchen Toilet Door
- Change Dustbin Chute.

I was quoted $15K for above reno work from 1 of Contractor Called Casanova Interior Subsidary of Sheng Tong Sheng Renovation Contractor.

Do you ask contractor do the painting?

Edited by dean, 24 August 2009 - 10:26 PM.

#17 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

DESIGN SERVICE
- Interior Design and Space planning F.O.C
- Consultation and selection of Home furnishing F.O.C
- Perspective Drawing F.O.C
- Job site co-ordination and supervision F.O.C
- Decoration advice F.O.C
- Apply for HDB Renovation Permit F.O.C

DEMOLISHING & CONSTRUCTION WORKS
- To re-move existing cabinets @ Kitchen
- To hack existing kitchen basin
- Labour to dispose debris and skin bin haulage fees 1 Lump $ 1,200.00
- To construct half-ht wall @ kitchen sink (size: 1000Lx1500ht) $ 300.00

PLUMBING WORK
- To supply and install inlet/outlet pipes @Kitchen sink. $ 150.00
- To supply and install inlet/outlet pipes @Washing machine. $ 150.00

- Labour to install :
a Kitchen sink $ 40.00
b Kitchen mixer $ 40.00

PAINTING
- To supply and paint whole house 3-room flat usingNIPPON paint and Sealer $ 1,200.00
- To sand and plastered wall and ceiling for the unit. $ 1,200.00

CARPENTRY (Level 1)
- Living area
a Customised floor T.V console $ 1,000.00

- Kitchen area
a Bottom cabinet finished in designer laminates (size: 4000Lx600D) $ 1,600.00
b To construct sliding storage cabinet @ kitchen $ 1,600.00

- Kitchen Top
a Solid surface top (size: 4000L X 600D ) $ 1,200.00

- Master bedroom
a Full-ht wardrobe c/w drawer & hanging system $ 1,400.00
(size: 1800Lx700D)

OTHERS
- General cleaning for the entire apartment $ 250.00
- Provide protection boards for the floorings $ 300.00
- To supply and install flat rubbish bin @ kitchen $ 300.00

total cost exclude accessories $11500 + 7%GST=$12305

Is it really expensive for painting whole 3-rm flat + plaster $2400, wardrobe is $1400, customised floor tv console really need $1000?
Dismantle kitchen cabinet + hacking concrete sink really need $1200, kitchen cabinet only bottom $2800.
Ard Cracked Kitchen Tile a huge 2inch width Kitchen Cabinet $1200.

Above Quotation okay?

#18 firehorse

firehorse

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:18 AM

Edited by firehorse, 01 November 2009 - 12:21 PM.

#19 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (firehorse @ Aug 30 2009, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can't comment on hacking n plastering, cos' mine is a new hdb flat, no hacking needed.

for tv console, u never say how long is your.
to compare, we need to break it down to "$/foot run" basis.

for kitchen cabinet's solid surface top, are you using branded stuff?
if not, then your $100/ft (i.e. $1,200 / 12ft) is way too much, imo.
i've had quotes at about $80-90/ft (not Corian of cos').
all my quotes for solid surface top are separate from the kitchen cabinet cost.

for your kitchen cabinet (bottom only), $1,600/12ft = $133/ft <- looks OK.

BUT
how come got another charge for sliding storage cabinet?
does your sliding storage cabinet actually belong to the bottom kitchen cabinet?
i have no idea how much a "sliding cabinet" costs; this is the first time i'm seeing it.
but according to your quote, it would come to ($1.6k+$1.6k)/12ft = $266/ft for bottom kitchen cabinet only - i think it's way too much.
perhaps you could ask him to explain what exactly is this (e.g. any special thing about this? why so expensive? why is this quoted separately? etc)

Never mind. Sliding cabinet is actually like a storeroom @ kitchen. my flat no storeroom as hack away liao.
It hard to select which one. Linewerkz or Summit Design or Other COntractor

Edited by dean, 01 September 2009 - 08:01 PM.

#20 wonderz003

wonderz003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

We tried Linewerkz last year for our house reno and have regretted it ever since, because their workmanship is so poor that we have so many corrective actions to do (marble top in bathroom turning yellow/black within six months, wardrobes having wood insects, etc).

#21 babycha818

babycha818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (wonderz003 @ Aug 31 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We tried Linewerkz last year for our house reno and have regretted it ever since, because their workmanship is so poor that we have so many corrective actions to do (marble top in bathroom turning yellow/black within six months, wardrobes having wood insects, etc).

Hi Wonderz003,

i done my reno with Linewerkz this year January. the designer is very spontaneous and their workmanship is good. price is also very reasonable accordingly to the materials that my husband requires. hmmm...

how come your wardrobe has wood insects??? is strange when i see you posted this, because our house handed over clean and shine. and the designer even bought AIR freshener to each room. i can say i totally satisfy with their effort.

he treated our house with so much effort. good.gif

#22 dsman

dsman

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

you can approach andy, senior designer. he's quite responsive, but definitely not the cheapest. not the most expensive either

#23 babycha818

babycha818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (dsman @ Sep 1 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can approach andy, senior designer. he's quite responsive, but definitely not the cheapest. not the most expensive either

you know Andy too? my house was completed by him. that is what we like about his work. thou we very demanding in carpentry works, he still able to provide good finishing.

i not sure you believe or not, me and my husband caught him cleaning my house the day before handing over!! it was like 1am in the midnight. haha.. lolz.... wearing shorts and t-shirt...

to be frank, linewerkz is not cheapest in the market compare to other contractor or ID, but they provide us with good service and daily routine on supervising the site throughout the project.

overall i can say, i never find a designer who do such a extreme job. if i not wrong, he is a senior right? jawdrop.gif

#24 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

Me too, meet up Andy Tan before. I believed he very sincerely. It is hard to reject him as reno. His price is not cheaper than SDS. He not like other reno company that give cheapo quality and material to close deal.

If I rejected Andy than I really feel sorry. If I rejected SDS, I also feel sorry. I stuck to use linewerkz or SDS.

u can see 2 quote from 1

anyone using Linewerkz, can you post picture for us to see.

Edited by dean, 01 September 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#25 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

Andy Tan, Senior Designer, quite sincerely guy who can work up to your budget. His quote so far not expensive not cheap type. He dislike using cheapo quality unlike other reno company.

#26 dean

dean

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

did you use Linewerkz, mind sharing......

#27 babycha818

babycha818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (melvinwong @ Jul 15 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

I will be getting the keys to my 4-Room Flat @ Sembawang. This firm Linewerkz Pte Ltd is introduced by my friend. I was wondering whether anyone had engaged their services before.
For your help please!

Thank you.

Hi Melvin,

you can look for the senior designer there called Andy, my house is done by him and he can quote items for you. they carry out work very fast and craftwork also not bad. i not sure about other designer inside cause i only seen Andy. responsive and creative design. btw, he don't recommend cheap materials like other firm just try to close deal, but he explain the pro and con of all range for you to choose. previously i visited few ID, they quoted alot hidden cost which piss my husband. so, you can give a try with linewerkz. if you need his number, let me know. wink.gif

#28 jthian

jthian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (babycha818 @ Sep 8 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Melvin,

you can look for the senior designer there called Andy, my house is done by him and he can quote items for you. they carry out work very fast and craftwork also not bad. i not sure about other designer inside cause i only seen Andy. responsive and creative design. btw, he don't recommend cheap materials like other firm just try to close deal, but he explain the pro and con of all range for you to choose. previously i visited few ID, they quoted alot hidden cost which piss my husband. so, you can give a try with linewerkz. if you need his number, let me know. wink.gif

Hi babycha818,

Sounds like Andy is pretty designer. But does that mean his quotes may be a bit on the high side? I'm working on limited budget for my resale flat, thus not sure if his quotation may be sky high for me. wink.gif

Look forward to your advice.

J

#29 babycha818

babycha818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (jthian @ Oct 29 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi babycha818,

Sounds like Andy is pretty designer. But does that mean his quotes may be a bit on the high side? I'm working on limited budget for my resale flat, thus not sure if his quotation may be sky high for me. wink.gif

Look forward to your advice.

J

Hi,

Sorry late reply... Was on business trip.. His price is reasonable depend which quality you looking at. He always advise accordingly. He always chit chat and concern on our budget that time.

#30 jthian

jthian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

Hi babycha818,

Thank you for your reply. So I guess you're very happy with Andy's work?

Is it possible to share any pics of your pretty place? biggrin.gif

#31 babycha818

babycha818

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (jthian @ Nov 20 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi babycha818,

Thank you for your reply. So I guess you're very happy with Andy's work?

Is it possible to share any pics of your pretty place? biggrin.gif

i not sure how to insert pic here....

#32 noriko_sy

noriko_sy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

anyone engaged adeline from Linewerkz b4?

#33 zhiz

zhiz

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (CrystalJade @ Mar 12 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just intro Adeline to one of my friend too.... And they are really happy with her services...

She have given me permission to post her number here.. If you wan to find her directly for renovation quote do call her at [REMOVE] rather then her office as she might not be around. =)

super suspicious postings..............maybe self advert?

Edited by therat, 31 March 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#34 DesignerAdeline

DesignerAdeline

• Commercial Companies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (zhiz @ Mar 12 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
super suspicious postings..............maybe self advert?

Hi all,

It's me Adeline, I really have to thank you for your supporting.

Well, this is my first time in this forum although my colleague and clients have told me alot of time about this forum.

Bad News for all my supporter, I am sorry that I have left Linewerkz.
But please do not to worry I am still staying in this trade. You can still call me if you need any of my services in interior design.

And as for Zhiz I don't really know what make you think that I have self advert myself?
But I guess if I am someone who have the ability I don't have to do such a thing. =) And if you really need any help in ID do ring me up.
I will definately provide you with my professional services.

Have a nice day guys.. And please never forget Adeline =)

#35 Anthen

Anthen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

I had a bad initial experience with one of the ID when i visit them at EXPO 3 weeks ago. Floor plan was given to them on that day. Also indicate to them my budget as well as proposed works to be carried out. They did call me and i went down immediately despite my packed schedule to meet up with my clients. What they only show me is a freehand floor layout but with no rough costs as they can't commit. Being understanding, I told them to do up the cost of the proposed work and either call me or email me and i'll willing to go down to their office a week after call/email acknowledge for further discussion.

But till now, I still waiting for their quote and no news at all.. No email, no call, no sms. I guess i gonna drop them and choose someone who willing to renovate my unit.

#36 Dorae03

Dorae03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (dean @ Sep 3 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andy Tan, Senior Designer, quite sincerely guy who can work up to your budget. His quote so far not expensive not cheap type. He dislike using cheapo quality unlike other reno company.

Just wanted to share that had a bad experience with Linewerkz. Workmanship for most items were quite poor, or at least not per what the ID has promised. And there were so many areas and faults to rectify after the house was handed over. In the end, my wife and I had to keep taking leave to ensure the work was done up.

#37 fireman231

fireman231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Dorae03 @ Aug 20 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to share that had a bad experience with Linewerkz. Workmanship for most items were quite poor, or at least not per what the ID has promised. And there were so many areas and faults to rectify after the house was handed over. In the end, my wife and I had to keep taking leave to ensure the work was done up.

Hi Dean,

so sorry to hear such a bad experience that you went through... can share with us some photos of the reno work? my wtb and i are considering linewerkz for our renovation...

#38 azzie77

azzie77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

Dear all, I'm a newbie and we are considering Linewerkz for our yet-to-be ready home next year.
For those who have engaged them, may I know if they provided workmanship warranty please?
Is it true that only reno contractor firms provide warranty, those full-ID house don't or choose not to as the contractors are outsourced?
Appreciate advice from everyone who is more experienced smile.gif
Thank you biggrin.gif

#39 hello23

hello23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hi

Any reviews with this firm?

#40 hello23

hello23