Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
l_club23

Anyone Knows How To Identify Authentic Strass Crystals

Just bought a crystal light and paying a premium to get Strass crystals for the light as opposed to Egyptian or Spectra crystals. Worried I might get cheated. Anyone knows how to identify authentic Strass crystals? Then I'll know what to look out for when I take delivery.

Edited by l_club23

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just bought a crystal light and paying a premium to get Strass crystals for the light as opposed to Egyptian or Spectra crystals. Worried I might get cheated. Anyone knows how to identify authentic Strass crystals? Then I'll know what to look out for when I take delivery.

Egypt S4 crystal is only about 10%-12% of led (+-)

Spectra crystal is a low end crystal from strass but i do not know what is the led

Strass crystal is pure led of 30%( if they told you 20%+ or 30%+ then u have to becareful they might be bullsxxting)

how much u bought for that? the only thing u wanna check if yours is a strass crystal of 30% is a laser logo of strass will be in every one of it it including those hexagon shape of 10mm to 14mm and above. please take note darker colors (i only know 'jet' and 'teal') may not have the laser logo on it. the thing u need to do when delivery is make are....

ask them to open up the item and check every one of the crystal if yours is the normal colors and they should have the laser logo on it. if you get the spectra crystal, then it do not have the logo. a lot of shop in the lighting market do not have the dealership from strass and buy from those dealers. they will buy some, mix with some egypt crystal and its claim all from strass crystal. just for your info:

egypt crystal: 14mm hexagon crystal is about 40-60 cents per pc

strass crystal of pure 30% led: 14mm hexagon crystal is about $1-$1.50 per pc depending on which colors

all this info i got it from a shop called Watt Busxxess located at balestier where they explain and show me the difference between a strass and egypt crystal.

correct me if im wrong cos im not from strass hor ;) just learn some lesson nia :unsure: im asking them to change my previous 5 pcs of chanderlier to strass already :):)