Just a friendly reminder that renovation contractors in this forum are not going to be kind if they have someone to slaughter here.
I have just renovated a 4 Rm BTO for my parent and also a pvt apartment few years back.
My conclusion is owner has:
1. to be savvy or at least read about the materials and works they want the contractors to do,
2. Don't just take one quote or trust in one contractor even is your best friend's contractor. (becos your bestfriend can't guarantee his contract is always consistent in price and workmanship)
3. Itemize the cost. Have seen too many cases where contractor just wanna the owners to do this and that.....
4. Be patient if you have the luxury of time.
5. Visit your contractor's past renovated places such as flooring, carpentry and landscaping works. Don't just sign on the contract when they give you the quote...haha
I ain't a contractor but have the interest in renovation only.
Hi, I'm new to renovation works, so need all the help I can get here! I'm thinking of renovation / A&A works on my parents' old terrace house. It is not very big, 88 sqm / 950sq ft land area. I'm not sure what's the current build-up. Here's a brief description of the current place: 1. Single storey, narrow house with a loft bedroom, so it's probably 1.5 storey now. 2. Roof leaks, not sure what material, but there's termites. Will need to change entire roof 3. Very few windows, place is dark New work I would like to do: 1. New roof, possibly a roof garden 2. Add a room and toilet, make it 2 storey with roof garden on top 3. Create new windows for natural light 4. Simple furnishing and wood flooring Any idea how much budget I should set aside for the entire construction / reno? And how much time this will take? Thanks!