Sign in to follow this  
monsieurlee

Pao Ma Lu - Renovation

Recon Veneer door with nice door lock set @ only $268 per door...good price

have a look...at what i bought... ;)

Photo0008.jpg

Photo0009.jpg

Photo0011.jpg

The service from Sentat trading is excellent. Sharon who works there gave me superb service and even on sunday i bug her to change the schedule she did it without any complaints or feeling disgruntled! The doors and stainless steel gates are also good...let me know if you want her contact...will give you! Thumbs up!

Hey apologise for the silence man...we are now homeless...my parents and I are staying in budget hotels like ghost floating...my god...i tell you it is terrible. My renovation will stretch till end of Sept...so sad....nonethelsss I will provide you some pictures i have...

first...

P1000498.jpg

Hotel 81 at Bencoolen - very steep! $139 per nite nett very expensive.

P1000517.jpg

Next my window grilles are up...i din want to have them as i find grilles terribly ugly but my parents felt insecure!

P1000516.jpg

My air-con vent...which is located on the top is now replaced with this

P1000515.jpg

Now the room is alot brighter! As i be doing up a walk in W/D so means the additional natural light will help brighten up the place ...yay

P1000514.jpg

M/B sink up. Model is Ancora Bellavista. There is choice to do left side, right side etc...bought this from SIMSC

P1000513.jpg

Water heater from Ariston bought from Lookz at 280. Is that expensive leh?

My two bathrooms are so small and especially so for our common bathroom. So i bought a capsule like sink...something atypical - not squarish to be different! haa

P1000511.jpg

Toilet bowl for the common toilet not up yet just place there pose for this picture just for u!

P1000512.jpg

The ah-neh installer open up the box like christmas present....i was there looking at him opening up the box so farny

P1000505.jpg

here is my picture of the toilet bowl just fresh from box...

P1000507.jpg

My KDK remote control fan...i like ceiling fan somehow...do you guys fancy?

P1000504.jpg

You know i got very du lan with the ugly running of the pipping all wrapped up haiz but we doing something to the carpentry works to rectify this

P1000496.jpg

These few days dun feel good as i have been bogged by office work and then worst my renovation is running so slow...do u guys experience slowness in ur reno work? U know for example only got one person do the job...like laying laminate flooring one one...toilet and basin one person do....then u know eletrical works only one person...why is that so?

Do you have such prob? Working days are only Mon-Fri! Sat - they come in late to do so left few hours to work on it...i just my schedule running so slow...and i have incurred too much money into hotel stay...any one to share ur tots on this meh?

!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh my ... I almost bought this unit when I was scouting... but my friend say not safe for my wife, but it was so central ... sigh. good luck to the reno man.. this is one layout that is so unique.

the room $139nett is for three of you

or you getting 2rms at $139 each?

if two rms you might want to consider servie apt, cheaper loh

No lah $139 nett for three of us...but stay there so many days until pocket dry...

i check service apt seem so expensive somehow...this is what i call bad planning...haaa on my end of course

:good:

oh my ... I almost bought this unit when I was scouting... but my friend say not safe for my wife, but it was so central ... sigh. good luck to the reno man.. this is one layout that is so unique.

Oh my too! You could have bought that flat!

The place is actually quite safe you know? I have been living in the area - downgraded from 4 room to this 3 room. You are right and it is very very central...apart from the foreign workers on the opposite of the road...price wise not expensive.

You are right about the layout - but the newer 3room flats got condo layout check out farrer park point blocks...but too expensive. Saw one that sold for $260k on hdb resale transaction... :jawdrop: I sold my 4-room at only $260k :(

How much did you intend to pay for this unit since you nearly bought it? :unsure:

:notti:

Oh my too! You could have bought that flat!

The place is actually quite safe you know? I have been living in the area - downgraded from 4 room to this 3 room. You are right and it is very very central...apart from the foreign workers on the opposite of the road...price wise not expensive.

You are right about the layout - but the newer 3room flats got condo layout check out farrer park point blocks...but too expensive. Saw one that sold for $260k on hdb resale transaction... :notti: I sold my 4-room at only $260k :wub:

How much did you intend to pay for this unit since you nearly bought it? :wub:

If i remember correctly, it was between 200k to 210k with 5k top up. Farrer park got point blocks??

If i remember correctly, it was between 200k to 210k with 5k top up. Farrer park got point blocks??

Wuah so expensive? I bought 10k above valuation. I paid $178k - i though the price was good so i grabbed.

How come the one you view is so expensive? :yamseng:

Farrer Park got point blocks - 30 - 40 floors high. Four point blocks only about 4-5 years. I think it is block 11-14 or 15. Don't remember but i check out their show flat, small but condo layout really nice.

I run into some problems with my renovation!! So sad!

Problem #1

My m/b room toilet sink i want to reposition, but they say cannot remove the sink as they siliconed it!They said will have to break it...and i was miffed as the sink costs about $500. MADNESS! :yamseng:

They want to take the easy way out...in the first place i dunno why they need to put so much silicone to it and the ah neh who installed it thought it will be stucked to the wall permanently! ****...

The shower rain bath sucks also as the height is too short and the rain bath is protruding out excessively! So i wonder if it was due to my misjudgement or my "designer"/contract being inexperienced!!

Now i duno wat to do and am very sianz...now. So far my contract has been very good and responsive...appreciate that but just hope the can help me resolve the prob!! Pray :dunno:

oh dear so sorry to hear that

dun they have some strong solvent to dissolve the silicone?

hope the problem can be resolved soon

jia you jia you :):unsure:

No leh...dun have. I tried thinner, i tried also lighter fuel. All cannot and it is stucked to the wall like it was part of the wall!

Ask around only can cut silicone but not dissolve. Wonder any miracle can happen someone can enlighten me or not?

I think need to freaking break the sink...shucks...terrible :-(

I bought the sink and the brand is bellavista got website http://www.bellavista.com

haiz so suay reno...

oops sorry maybe it was around 175k lah... i saw so many houses until blur.

Oh yah that's like the price there. Coz i tried bargaining so HARD with the owner and he refused to budge. So i settled for 178k. But u know a unit three floors below mine sold for $180k!!

Am sure so many u see...same here also cannot find ideal one...but now found...

No leh...dun have. I tried thinner, i tried also lighter fuel. All cannot and it is stucked to the wall like it was part of the wall!

Ask around only can cut silicone but not dissolve. Wonder any miracle can happen someone can enlighten me or not?

I think need to freaking break the sink...shucks...terrible :-(

I bought the sink and the brand is bellavista got website http://www.bellavista.com

haiz so suay reno...

Oh yah that's like the price there. Coz i tried bargaining so HARD with the owner and he refused to budge. So i settled for 178k. But u know a unit three floors below mine sold for $180k!!

Am sure so many u see...same here also cannot find ideal one...but now found...

You are right, silicone can only cut. May take some time and effort though. But breaking it sound really ridiculous. Dangle at the Ah neh 100 bucks and give him 1 whole day. See if he can remove or not. :dancingqueen:

if can cut just ask your contractor to cut

it's his job to ensure that your home turns out the way YOU want, not he wants :dunno::D

do you have a pix of the rainshower to show us

maybe we can offer some alternatives? :dunno: