Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
huabaobao

Scv Port 150-180 Exp?

Hi guys,

my contractor told me to relocate a SCV port cost 150-180, and that's just for the relocating and change of casing, because the existing wire is long enough to reach the new position. do you think that's too exp? I would rather do it myself if that needs that much.

also my contractor quoted me to replace all the switch/power-port casing in the flat for S$500, do you think that's fair? or maybe I can just buy new casing and install myself too? is it difficult to do or require some sort of license to touch electricity-related stuff?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

adding new point $90

relocating usually also $90 but if got extensive electrical works might be free

my contractor changed all light switches for me $150 including the price of the switches :jawdrop:

Hi guys,

my contractor told me to relocate a SCV port cost 150-180, and that's just for the relocating and change of casing, because the existing wire is long enough to reach the new position. do you think that's too exp? I would rather do it myself if that needs that much.

Thanks.

Make sure starhub pple is around when your contractor relocate the port.

my contractor relocated one of the port and when starhub come to turn on the signal they notice it is being moved and because they did nto see how my contractor do it and what kind of material (cable/wire)he used

they REFUSED to turn on the signal for that port :jawdrop::P

because of that i have to forgo one port :jawdrop:

dun think starhub can turn off the signal for the new port, since most likely your contractor use a splitter to split the signal to the new port. U can try plugging it into the new port (Starhub cable pt?) and see if it works.

Make sure starhub pple is around when your contractor relocate the port.

my contractor relocated one of the port and when starhub come to turn on the signal they notice it is being moved and because they did nto see how my contractor do it and what kind of material (cable/wire)he used

they REFUSED to turn on the signal for that port :dancingqueen: !!

because of that i have to forgo one port :notti:

Hi guys,

also my contractor quoted me to replace all the switch/power-port casing in the flat for S$500, do you think that's fair? or maybe I can just buy new casing and install myself too? is it difficult to do or require some sort of license to touch electricity-related stuff?

Thanks.

This price confirm kana chop chop chop....... Relocation or new price is about the same ($90)

dun think starhub can turn off the signal for the new port, since most likely your contractor use a splitter to split the signal to the new port. U can try plugging it into the new port (Starhub cable pt?) and see if it works.

mine is relocating cos i hack away one room that has a starhub port .

they wont turn OFF but they just refuse to TURN it ON that (new flat need to get them to come down to turn ON the signal)

infact we tried to plug already and it wont work :)

mine is relocating cos i hack away one room that has a starhub port .

they wont turn OFF but they just refuse to TURN it ON that (new flat need to get them to come down to turn ON the signal)

infact we tried to plug already and it wont work :sport-smiley-004:

You should plug off everything and plug in cable and directly connect to TV. Try this and you will know if the line is workable. You should see normal TCS channel even without going through starhub. If there is no signal, I think you better get your contractor to come back and relay the cable

If you can receive normal tv signal, then it is good. If starhub won't turn it on, then do self-installation, and starhub will turn on the signal

If you can receive normal tv signal, then it is good. If starhub won't turn it on, then do self-installation, and starhub will turn on the signal

self installation ??

actually for starhub, you can go down and open an account, collecting the set-top box on the spot. this is termed as self-installation.

even for additional set-top box, you can opt for them to deliver and set up for you or just go down to the shop and pick it up. the difference is only who connects the wire :P

Hi

just to share...if u can tune to RTM 1 ..its SCV signal....if u can tune to RTM 2...then the signal its most likely from the hdb antenna maintained by town council.

therefore SCV need to come to convert the signal from your unit riser. Do check first before going to starhub for self installation

Hi

just to share...if u can tune to RTM 1 ..its SCV signal....if u can tune to RTM 2...then the signal its most likely from the hdb antenna maintained by town council.

therefore SCV need to come to convert the signal from your unit riser. Do check first before going to starhub for self installation

mine... rtm 1, channel newsasia, tcs 8 is very clear. tcs 5 and suria is fuzzy, kids central is chialat. Whose fault is it? Is it the hdb antenna or scv box?