Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renman2735

Is Business Too Good?

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

I've had a recent run with too many IDs to count, but would like your advice.

I recently went to renotalk to ask for IDs about renovating my place. The job is just for a master bedroom and living room with a set budget of $25k with the usual understanding the final will probably come up to a few K more.

As usual, they sent me a list of IDs who would contact me. At least five IDs came to my place to understand the job, promised me a quotation, and then either completely disappeared on me, or sent me a quotation or stalling WhatsApp message, and then no follow up.

I've been trying to understand what is going on. Is business currently too good, and is $25k too low a job for ID firms to be interested in?

I have been the nicest, most accommodating person, polite and respectful, offering drinks to all of them who came, and I even requested the last three IDs that if the job is too small, then I would really be ok if they told me. But please don't deliberately lead me on and tell me a quotation or further correspondence is coming, but then completely disappear on me. 

These IDs have not only wasted my time, but also personally insulted and made a fool of me by giving me the runaround, even after I explained that I would be perfectly ok if they told me they weren't interested.

I have no idea why they would do this. I have a friend whose brother is an ID, and she told me that in his case at least, it was due to shortage of manpower that he is rejecting many jobs. I have in the past put up of even smaller jobs with much smaller budgets with no issues.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've encountered a puzzling situation where IDs express interest in my renovation project, but then disappear or provide vague responses. It's been quite a frustrating experience, and I can't help but wonder if there's something behind the scenes affecting their responsiveness. As I reflect on this, the concept of https://www.epicflow.com/blog/7-benefits-of-managing-people-in-the-company/ comes to mind. Effective people management is not only crucial within an organization but also extends to external interactions with clients. Perhaps these IDs are facing internal challenges that impact their ability to handle projects efficiently. It might be worth considering factors like manpower shortage or other internal constraints that could be affecting their responsiveness.