Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Best Carpentry Work (wardrobe, Cabinet, Etc)

I am sure mod wont mind listing down who got the best carpentry works in terms of cabinet, wardrobe, features wall, etc...

Please help to list the contractors/ids you find is the best.

Regards.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Happy,

My cousin used Classic Kitchen for all his carpentry work haha i am going to review this Sunday,,,,will let you know. :dancingqueen:

Hi Happy,

My cousin used Classic Kitchen for all his carpentry work haha i am going to review this Sunday,,,,will let you know. :dancingqueen:

Thanks! Ling.

Best is to have pics....

Hi ALL

Dont mind share with me how they calculate the kitchen cabinet?

Like average psf for kitchen cabinet is how much in the current market?

Hi ALL

Dont mind share with me how they calculate the kitchen cabinet?

Like average psf for kitchen cabinet is how much in the current market?

depend on the quality ba.. i heard there are some as cheap as 80.. but the more decent ones is ard 100 to 110.. you still have to include ur solid surface top if u intending to get one..

depend on the quality ba.. i heard there are some as cheap as 80.. but the more decent ones is ard 100 to 110.. you still have to include ur solid surface top if u intending to get one..

Normally most contractor will say solid ply wood...(until now, when I feel it, I also not sure whether it is solidy ply or normal wood or whatever....),

So, I will take this $100 - $110 psf average range as a guide.

So that for eg. when someone quote me $200 psf...then I will know..oh...try to put lots of buffer into it.

Thanks!:yamseng:!

Hi h4happy,

My 2cents worth of thoughts below :D

Guess by asking for the "best" capentry works, there are a lot of factors to consider:

(1) workmanship - quality of fabrication? how is the fabrication process? made in where? laminated on-site or in factory?

(2) quality of materials - what kind of wood? what kind of laminates? what's the internal part covered in? what kind of hinges, tracks etc used? tempered/frosted glass or mirrors included? what brand? where are these materials made in?

(3) design - ***** or just copycat? types of drawer openings e.g. swing and slide, swing-only, slide-only, open-shelves, handles? limited design or color selection?

(4) service - drawings? change of designs? how's the aftersales service? easy to rectify defects?

(5) price

Depending on factors (1) to (4), the price can vary a lot. So sometimes it's not really that straightforward to compare items based on the price alone, e.g. psf. Some can quote cheaply, but factors (1) to (4) might be average or even lacking. So it's up to your choice on what is the best for you :yamseng:.

The ID i've chosen is sort of well-known for their capentry works as they have good (1) to (4). But their prices for my capentry is around $20k, which is $5k more than the next best ID I've considered. PM me if you are interested to know which ID :paint:.