Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
toonsim

A Dream In The East...

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The information that you have provided is valuable.

May I know what to watch out for when selecting these downlights, eg: material, design and manufacturer etc.

Also can you advise me on the distance between each downlight?

I understand that this will depends on the area where you are going to place the downlights, but i am not too sure on this.

Eg: 2 downlights with 1m apart, etc?

Thanks

Alamak

Haha.. really paiseh to say.. me no expert in this area.. what we considered when we select the downlights was like if it was energy saving - basically go for PLC lights.. !!

as for things like distance apart.. we only decide on the number of downlights we want for each areas based on design n guesstimation.. after that we went to Derrick to recommend the appropriate downlights.. din really go into that level of details.. :bangwall:

You might want to check with some other experts in the forum.. :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I also saw that you changed your windows in the balcony. Very nice colour combination.

I saw that your have built a fixed window behind the HDB railing (blue n colour) with your casement windows on top of the fixed window. Am I right?

Is the fixed window made in glass also?

Thanks

Alamak

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

are u using 2x13W or 2x18W for your downlights in the living room and MBR?

Thanks

Alamak

I am using 2 x 13W for my downlights.

Hi,

I also saw that you changed your windows in the balcony. Very nice colour combination.

I saw that your have built a fixed window behind the HDB railing (blue n colour) with your casement windows on top of the fixed window. Am I right?

Is the fixed window made in glass also?

Thanks

Alamak

Haha.. you have eyes for details.. :sport-smiley-004::jammin:

It is not a fixed window but a sliding window behind the railing. They are also made in glass.

Hope this helps. :notti:

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

did you have many 2x13W downlights in your living hall?

I saw from the photos, you have about 5-6 downlights in the living hall right?

Did you use special glass for the sliding window behind the railing?

Is the glass different from the glass used for your casement window since it is inside the house?

Must be expensive to use special glass, right?

Thanks

Alamak

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

did you have many 2x13W downlights in your living hall?

I saw from the photos, you have about 5-6 downlights in the living hall right?

Did you use special glass for the sliding window behind the railing?

Is the glass different from the glass used for your casement window since it is inside the house?

Must be expensive to use special glass, right?

Thanks

Alamak

Hi wtpoh,

I have 6 downlights for my living hall. It looks bright enough when I tested them out the other night. I think more important is to consider if you want any design for your downlights layout. Next, go to the shop and consult the owner with your design and ask if the number of downlights would be sufficient enough. These are experts who will be in a better position to advice you. It would also be better if you bring your floorplan along to show them.

As for the sliding windows, I believe that they are the same as the casement windows. What I got as quote was a lump sum for the whole house. So no individual breakdown.

Cheers,

toonsim

GOSH!! ;):( i really love ur bathrooms, ur mixers, toilet tiles!!!.... the combi veri nice... how much u spent for each toilet? i also noticed u used stainless steel for the pipings isit good? cos heard from forumers say stainless steel breaks easily but i like the effect as in the colour blends in with the tiles.. cos i will be overlaying my mbr toilet only so expensive to do the mrb toilet thats why common toilet leave it as it is lol!! although veri ugly but nvm !! ... thinking whether to choose copper or stainless steel pipes leh

Edited by blackapple

GOSH!! :good::P i really love ur bathrooms, ur mixers, toilet tiles!:rofl:.... the combi veri nice... how much u spent for each toilet? i also noticed u used stainless steel for the pipings isit good? cos heard from forumers say stainless steel breaks easily but i like the effect as in the colour blends in with the tiles.. cos i will be overlaying my mbr toilet only so expensive to do the mrb toilet thats why common toilet leave it as it is lol!! although veri ugly but nvm :rofl: ... thinking whether to choose copper or stainless steel pipes leh

Gee.. thanks for your kind compliments! 8|:P

As for cost of each toilet ah.. hard to estimate coz some of the costs for each works like tilings or plumbing works are lumped with similar work for other areas like service balcony.. if anything.. each shower sets cost me ard 250 SGD with the mixers.. but on the safe side.. i would say each toilet maybe cost ard $3k - 4k? not really sure.. paiseh.. :)

As for choosing between stainless steel n copper pipings.. we din really choose.. my ID just gave me stainless steel pipes.. i agree with what you say.. stainless steel does look more modern.. if it was copper piping.. then you might have to paint them which would be more headache.. :)

If your toilet tiles are ok.. then maybe just change the basins, toilet bowls n shower sets.. abt 500 - 800 for each toilet will settle liaoz.. it will give your toilet that new look without having to spend too much.. i think discuss with your ID/contractor.. they can advise you on this better.. :P

Hope this helps.. :P

Edited by toonsim

Gee.. thanks for your kind compliments! :D:(

As for cost of each toilet ah.. hard to estimate coz some of the costs for each works like tilings or plumbing works are lumped with similar work for other areas like service balcony.. if anything.. each shower sets cost me ard 250 SGD with the mixers.. but on the safe side.. i would say each toilet maybe cost ard $3k - 4k? not really sure.. paiseh.. :P

As for choosing between stainless steel n copper pipings.. we din really choose.. my ID just gave me stainless steel pipes.. i agree with what you say.. stainless steel does look more modern.. if it was copper piping.. then you might have to paint them which would be more headache.. !!

If your toilet tiles are ok.. then maybe just change the basins, toilet bowls n shower sets.. abt 500 - 800 for each toilet will settle liaoz.. it will give your toilet that new look without having to spend too much.. i think discuss with your ID/contractor.. they can advise you on this better.. !!

Hope this helps.. :D..

oh thanks thanks... ;) the house is going to suck my blood dry... faint~~~ oic so i think 3-4k for toilet is the average market price ba... hope to see more pics from u soon!! hhehehee

Well.. progress has been slowed to a near-stop.. it's all because of the flooring n partly our undecisiveness on the feature wall lah... haha.. :P

First the laminate flooring felt great but had a rather major issue with the skirtings.. it was really quite bad.. :dancingqueen: some of the edges are not smooth n inconsistent finishing on the ends.. so we called up Raymond from Supreme who assure me that he will send a ops sup down to check n rectify.. the only thing is we have to wait for 3-4 working days.. seemed like a busy period for them oso.. oh well what to do.. anyway we do have some time on our hand.. so.. finally when the guy come.. he inspected with Ben first.. I was late.. hehe.. :P it turned out that there was more than fifty points that needs to be rectified.. mainly minor errors.. so they will be doing the touch-ups on monday after some complains from me.. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

As for the feature wall.. we finally decided on one after gng thru some of our fellow forummers' designs n mag.. Ben did proposed 2-3 designs but they seemed rather common.. so we decided to do our own research.. as for the results.. stay tuned lah.. i will try to get the drawing from Ben.. hehe.. :P:P

Well.. here is the drawing of our kitchen.. find it familiar? you will see one similar one on Earnest's website.. we din like the colour scheme.. so change loh.. but surprise that Earnest put it up under their 3D show.. the rejected feature wall design was also captured in the 3D show.. haha.. :P

3DDrawingKitchen1.jpg

3DDrawingKitchen2.jpg

hmmmm nice nice :P :P

haha.. thanks.. :)

will post more pics when the cabinets are up next week.. :P

well.. of couse we din slack down during the last few weekends.. we did quite a fair bit of shopping and bought some stuff.. guess who is the happier of us two.. no prize for guessing correctly.. haha.. it's piggy lah.. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

first we went to Artist3 at both turf city and marina square last weekend.. gone through quite a few pieces to put up on the wall opp our shoe cabinet.. finally decided on a 4-piece four seasons with lotsa sheep.. both piggy and me are meh meh.. so it's natural choice.. haha.. but the main reason was still to follow what our fengshui master told us.. find a painting with white animals to put up on that wall.. :P:P:P

next.. of course everyone should know this is a hot weekend for TV buys.. haha.. SITEX show mah.. so filled with excitement n hope.. me n piggy went to shop at SITEX show.. I even took leave on fri to avoid the crowd (excuse for me to take a break from work.. haha.. ).. went to samsung (the usual suspect.. was eyeing on their R81 series.. but their TV pics were a little disappointing.. design wise win hands down.. ).. then to sony.. tink a little overpriced for their branding.. performance wise they are good.. but price wise.. stunned! :P :P.. generally tink for sitex it's more freebies than anything.. price wise so-so only.. so we went home empty handed.. :(

but wait! there's still courts.. megastore 1st anniversary sale.. (our fallback was still our friendly neighbourhood store.. ) so this morning i woke up very early n cheong to courts at their opening.. haha.. :P KS hor.. but i managed to secure some good deals in the end.. actually eyed this model for some time liaoz.. courts exclusive so no one else in Singapore selling it.. it's the Philips 42" LCD TV 42PFL7432/98.. damage: $2699.. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Philips42PFL7432.jpg

we also got our dining chairs which we thought was a steal.. $79 each.. we bought 4 for our customised dining table.. higher table so higher chair loh.. :P:P

ToscaDiningChair.jpg

well more shopping tomorrow.. so gng to sleep soon liaoz.. will update tomorrow if we got some buys.. gng to hong liang to check out our fridge n washing machine.. :)

haha.. seemed like we are getting in the christmas mood n decided to buy more stuff to prepare for our new home.. the essential items lah.. :) :) :)

Anyway went to Hong Liang today.. very busy shop indeed.. waited for at least 15 mins before being served by Sam.. very knowledgeable n friendly guy.. seemed like he knows all his products very well.. from fridge to washing machine to rice cooker.. he seemed to have lotsa things to mention for each of the model available in his store.. so we decided to get the following items.. some wants.. some needs.. total damage: $1470.. haha.. :P

Fisher n Paykel Fridge.. E411 White.. :)

E411T.jpg

Toshiba Washing Machine.. AW-9760SS.. :)

ToshibaAW-9760SS.jpg

Toshiba Rice Cooker.. mom-in-law's wants.. so haha.. :P

ToshibaRC-18LMI.jpg

Well.. till next week.. more to come.. cabinets n feature wall shld be done by next weekend.. :P

that's a good price for all three items

think the BUY BUY BUY virus is in the air now :) :)

haha.. yeah yeah.. in singapore 2 periods of time when spending gets more value for money.. Christmas n Great Singapore Sale.. coz usually the banks will have card promo oso.. :P:)

of coz.. most of our reno works cannot use credit cards lah.. but still a happy period to BUY BUY BUY.. haha.. :):P