Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whiteice78

Korean Or Japanese Fridge?

Dear all.

I am looking to buy a fridge of ard 500L. Thing is, I fell in love with a Samsung 2 dr side by side fridge. However, my dad keeps telling me that I should get a japanese brand. Which I have shortlisted a Hitachi model as my 2nd choice. He says they are more energy efficient and won't give problems. However, I really love the samsung fridge due to the colour and design. (Some may find it riduculous). Are japanese fridges really more energy efficient than koreans?

Confused...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear all.

I am looking to buy a fridge of ard 500L. Thing is, I fell in love with a Samsung 2 dr side by side fridge. However, my dad keeps telling me that I should get a japanese brand. Which I have shortlisted a Hitachi model as my 2nd choice. He says they are more energy efficient and won't give problems. However, I really love the samsung fridge due to the colour and design. (Some may find it riduculous). Are japanese fridges really more energy efficient than koreans?

Confused...

if your dad is paying......just listen to him lah.. :dunno:

me also japanese product school.....although nowadays korean products have improved a lot but no way me gonna be a guinea pig for the 2nd time.

if your dad is paying......just listen to him lah.. :rofl:

me also japanese product school.....although nowadays korean products have improved a lot but no way me gonna be a guinea pig for the 2nd time.

No lah, I'm the one paying but have a history of being a sucker for design neglecting the utilitarian/economy part. Care to share your bad experience the first time?

No lah, I'm the one paying but have a history of being a sucker for design neglecting the utilitarian/economy part. Care to share your bad experience the first time?

samsung tv dead within 1 yr, goldstar fridge consuming $40+ dollars of electricity every mth....etc

samsung tv dead within 1 yr, goldstar fridge consuming $40+ dollars of electricity every mth....etc

Man, now you are really scaring me. I have a friend. 2 pple stay in a 5 rm. electricity is 300+ a month. Though he has a chiller running for his 5 ft marine tank. He also uses an LG fridge. Hmm, must really think hard now. thanks for sharing

Man, now you are really scaring me. I have a friend. 2 pple stay in a 5 rm. electricity is 300+ a month. Though he has a chiller running for his 5 ft marine tank. He also uses an LG fridge. Hmm, must really think hard now. thanks for sharing

the japs have been around making home appliances for donkey years...the koreans just started somewhere late 80s.

i dont play jokes with my hard earned money.

Well, for me, other than the brand I would ask Made in which country. I have very bad experience with a Made In Ch*** fan which "exploded" right in front of me.