Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ekhoehl

Building A Wall, How Much And How Long?

I have a LARGE masterbedroom that is 6750cm (length) * 4500 (width). The previous owner turned two rooms into one big room. I like to turn it back to original by buidling a wall in between them. The length of the wall to be built is around 4500cm and std HDB height ceiling. Do anyone know how much it is gonna cost and how long? Any recommedations? The overall house is till good to me so no major reno intended, except maybe redo Masterbathroom and tiling balcony if price is reasonable. Know of any honest contractors that takes small projects or where I should find them?

Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have a LARGE masterbedroom that is 6750cm (length) * 4500 (width). The previous owner turned two rooms into one big room. I like to turn it back to original by buidling a wall in between them. The length of the wall to be built is around 4500cm and std HDB height ceiling. Do anyone know how much it is gonna cost and how long? Any recommedations? The overall house is till good to me so no major reno intended, except maybe redo Masterbathroom and tiling balcony if price is reasonable. Know of any honest contractors that takes small projects or where I should find them?

Oops...I need to add a door back to one of the room too!

Thank you.

Actually, that's not big....

Oh okay...it feels big to me bcos it comes with two balconies that opens up, so sorry, it's not big enough to you, my fault then!I am just a not very "handy" women trying to ask for opinion and help on this forum (isn't it what it is for?)

Wait, I don't want to jump on the wrong side, let me ask you: are you trying say I shouldn't turned it back into two rooms again? It's just me using the masterbedroom 5-6 months a year as I am stationed overseas. So as I say, it's too large for me, and I thought it's easier to sell later if I did it. Your advise is appreciated...

Again, anyone know how much typically to put a wall back? I am not in Singapore now to do research like that, but when I do get home, I am too tired to call around....help me lah...

no cheap - whether it's concrete or gysumboard.

expect 4 figures, give hobee a call 96792934.

measure the total length and height then call a few contractors to quote.

It's 6.75 m by 4.5 m. If you divide into two, you'll get around 3 m x 4.5 m (assume you don't want the other way, 2 m x 6.75 m).

A king-sized bed measures around 2 m long and around 1.8 to 2 m wide. Add two bedside tables and they'll take up around 2.5 to 3 m wide. You may have only 1.5 m left for your wardrobe. Will you still have any space for the door to open, for you to walk around the bed and the wardrobe, for your makeup table, etc? And if you want to put a TV console in your bedroom, where will you find space?

The problem is that your room is "big" as a single master room, but not that big once divided. You'll find it's a squeeze, which is why the previous owner combined two rooms into one.

If you leave it as is, you'll be able to put in a sofa, coffee table, with a floor standing lamp. Maybe even have a writing desk and chair. Plus a TV console. It'll be like a hotel suite. I wish I could have such a master room.

Edited by waileong

Suggest you to do back solid wall instead of gysum board wall, since price different not a lot.

Recently I had a wall for my house too and it cost around 1k with wooden door frame....door depend on what you want.