Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wensi

Hdmi Cables - Where To Get

Hi,

Is HDMI cables from Best Denki cheapest? I don't know where else can I compare???

I saw one at Best is selling at around S$40 for 2meter (or less, can't really remember clearly)..

Anyone has good lobang on this?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Why not try your neighbourhood electrical stores? Eg those at alexandra village.

For me such big departmental stores are good only when I need to pay by instalments; if paying full cash I will always go neighbourhood stores that do not have high overheads like expensive rental, manpower and advertising.

check out Sim Lim Tower

i believe you can get it there at a low price

if you are not particular about picture quality, no need to pay for good cable :rolleyes:

HDMI is the newest / latest type of cable now. With just 1 single HDMI cable, it will carry both the video and audio signal. Currently, it is the best form of media in / output.

Please note that there are various type of HDMI cables around. From the branded ( Monster / QED / Blah Blah ... ) to those very cheap ones. There are also various versions ... latest being HDMI Version 1.3. No point to get the HDMI V1.3 if your other items ( tv / player / amplifier ) are not HDMI V1.3.

Unless you really want to futureproof your purchase, any variant of the HDMI is fine ... the shorter the better. The lousier cheaper quality ones normally loses its strength through longer distance. So if the distance that you need to connect is like only 1 meter ... please only buy the 1 or 1.5 meter version.

I will also recommend Sim Lim if you wanna go cheapo. Unless you have a full HD display that is capable of 1080P, then go cheapo. Also make sure that your whatever you want to connect should be pushing out 1080P. If you want to connect your DVD player but its not 1080P capable ... then there is no point of getting a good HDMI Cable either.

Edited by JIN

Quality varies. I have seen from less than 100 to more than 300 dollars. If you are not fussy, get the lower grades will do.

BTW, what device are you connecting?

Quality varies. I have seen from less than 100 to more than 300 dollars. If you are not fussy, get the lower grades will do.

BTW, what device are you connecting?

If quality not an issue, u can try Sim Lim Tower, B1.. look for shop called saige (cant recall exact name)... 2m should b around $33.. maybe not as cheap as online stores but if u r need it urgently, can try there...

* i'm currently using saige-brand 12m so far no issue but only tested up to 720p/1080i... 1080p no idea...