Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Shabby-chic/colonial/eclectic/whatever Mishmash

the shop i've seen with the most lamps is 'sultan ahmet' near the beach rd end of arab st. i'm thinking of paying another visit :dancingqueen:

Edited by 312079

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today we visited our flat and I was pleasantly surprised to see the parquet all laid.

ytjhhc.jpg

Before this, the most visible work done (beside the wiring) was the kitchen cabinet base:

ytjhh8.jpg

After that, it was our first time meeting the Blk 79 kaki on their Saturday house-hopping tour. Nice to meet tension_z, gadgetman, Liana79B and the rest of you whose nicks I didn't get to know.

Thanks for the interest! Unfortunately the pictures from the previous post still reflect the state of the flat. That's because the parquet work needs time to dry out before the flooring can be finished.

Just identified a possible option for bathroom mirrors at Ikea, just a plain circle edged with mosaic mirror pieces. Thought if I stuck coloured clear tape over the squares I could get fake stained glass.

Today the first coat of paint went up!

Here are the rooms: clockwise from top left: MBR, study, living, kid's

ytomik.jpg

There was a miscommunication and the living room was "mispainted":

ytomij.jpg

We originally wanted it to be like this:

ytomil.jpg

Then we asked the ID to change the plan to this:

ytomim.jpg

But in the end we now have 2 blue walls instead of 1.

So, dear viewers, do tell, which of the 3 do you prefer, if any? Am considering whether to get one wall repainted.

My mum asked me to take photos of some old furniture - a wardrobe and 2 glass-door cupboards. She wants to send them to Christie's, to inquire if they have value for sale...

Why didn't she offer them to me? They're not THAT valuable. I would've willingly paid her something for them, especially the wardrobe. Now I've already ordered built-in wardrobes, even if I ask her for them... :-S

The two side walls in blue looks better than one wall in blue, adds more country feel. (Think dandies, blue & white checkered tablecloth) :notti:

Edited by BunBun

I just got a Klippan sofa and a Poang chair this weekend at a discount. Very far from the antiques my mum has but what to do? $195 for the sofa and $119 for the chair, I think combined would still be less than what one cupboard is worth...

Carpentry has begun. The study is almost finished:

ytwp5s.jpg

ytwp57.jpg

This designer/contractor's style is clean & smooth, not really fitting the style I'm looking for. Oh well, what to do? I guess I'll have to use accessories and other things to alter the 'look'.

Edited by 312079