Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahko

Our Home In Jm

This sat or sun, Gina again will bring me see one unit doing granite tiles...So, maybe I can see you there too.

yo, i like your pull-out tray, vy good :notti:

will you be around this fri / sat? can come by take a look?

aiyo... YG, don't like tat like... :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yo, i like your pull-out tray, vy good :dunno:

Hi,

I like the pull-out tray too..

My ID call me to get for the kitchen cabinet.. then he will fix it up..

May I ask where did u get it?

Thanks for help :notti:

For pull out tray, is it better to have wood or stainless steel?

Last sat, see one showflats, their pull out tray is make of wood. No SS.

What you think?

Hi,

Thanks for help :dunno:

thanks simple!

i pm you already :yamseng:

btw, for the full panel windows, you guys doing it from the ceiling down or from the beam down?

PM'ed you the curtain contact already. 8|

I do from ceiling down which looks more elegant. :D

For pull out tray, is it better to have wood or stainless steel?

Last sat, see one showflats, their pull out tray is make of wood. No SS.

What you think?

Personally i preferred stainless steel. :)

Learn something about stainless steel from my uncle:

Stainless steel comes in many different grades, commonly used for home appliances and funitures are 304 and 316. 316 are higher corrosion resistance than 304, but of course more expensive. And whether or not 304 will rust easily will have to depend on how you use and environment.

How to tell if is 304 or 316 since everyone will just say Stainless Steel?

Answer: Use a piece of magnet to determine... 316 contain higher nickel which will not stick on magnet. Any stainless steel that stick should be 304 or lower grade. :)

My past experience; apply a thin layer of cooking oil to your stainless steel rack if yours is not 316, this will prevent corrosion. :D

Hi,

Thanks for help :D

My ID got it for me at $130. :)

I came across some at Song Cho and Hoe Kee, Song Cho is selling at very expensive price (even for a 304 SS), while Hoe Kee doesn't seems to have 1 that can stick with your cabinet door (pull-out).

If your ID willing to improvise for you, you can get from Hoe Kee for about $100+. :)

If you really like mine, I can ask my ID if he can help you purchase 1. :)

yo, i like your pull-out tray, vy good :notti:

aiyo... YG, don't like tat like... :yamseng:

We got a dinner to attend on fri night, so won't be going down to JM.

On Sat, I've got a nation call (reservist lah) but not sure what time will ends... might be late in the evening or even night time if you don't mind to drop by. TBC again... :D

think ahko has 16ft bottom and 13ft top kitchen cabinet, so total 29ft

given that the inside are all coloured PVC, it's quite worth the money

esp since workmanship is good too :good:

Yes, you are right. :D

Edited by ahko

hi! can i have curtain contacts too?

i was quoted 1500 for living room (day & night) + tracks for $1500 :notti:

and 1 panel of roman blinds for $400 :yamseng: goodness, expensive!

woah, that's really expensive. how big is ur windows? i had mine at $210 for 1 panel of roman blind (4'x5'). day curtain (10' x 8') with wooden pole cost $650. not sure on the workmanship but not much of selection for the material though.

Hi Ah KO

Night time no problem for me...so may I join to see your house?

HAPPY

Personally i preferred stainless steel. :dribble:

Learn something about stainless steel from my uncle:

Stainless steel comes in many different grades, commonly used for home appliances and funitures are 304 and 316. 316 are higher corrosion resistance than 304, but of course more expensive. And whether or not 304 will rust easily will have to depend on how you use and environment.

How to tell if is 304 or 316 since everyone will just say Stainless Steel?

Answer: Use a piece of magnet to determine... 316 contain higher nickel which will not stick on magnet. Any stainless steel that stick should be 304 or lower grade. :P

My past experience; apply a thin layer of cooking oil to your stainless steel rack if yours is not 316, this will prevent corrosion. :P

My ID got it for me at $130. zz

I came across some at Song Cho and Hoe Kee, Song Cho is selling at very expensive price (even for a 304 SS), while Hoe Kee doesn't seems to have 1 that can stick with your cabinet door (pull-out).

If your ID willing to improvise for you, you can get from Hoe Kee for about $100+. :notti:

If you really like mine, I can ask my ID if he can help you purchase 1. :(

We got a dinner to attend on fri night, so won't be going down to JM.

On Sat, I've got a nation call (reservist lah) but not sure what time will ends... might be late in the evening or even night time if you don't mind to drop by. TBC again... :P

Yes, you are right. :dancingqueen:

My ID got it for me at $130. :lol:

If your ID willing to improvise for you, you can get from Hoe Kee for about $100+. :P

If you really like mine, I can ask my ID if he can help you purchase 1. :P

Hi,

I went to Song Cho and Hoe Kee to see at IMM, the part of the kitchen cabinet where I want to put the tray is quite narrow in width.. Hoe Kee doesnt seem to have the size, and the one at Song Cho is just nice.. wonder whether can fit in or not.. and my kitchen cabinet is not the drawer kind for that portion but an open door kind.. and the track is at the side.. and yup.. Song Cho charge quite ex..so not sure shld get or not..

Yup I like urs.. Btw is there a bottom track type? And where did ur ID get it? If I have the dimensions, is it possible to be able to create one? The price is quite cheap :)

Thanks for help :jawdrop:

Harlow Simpleboi...

Just chanced upon ur blog....Im using Songcho racks :jawdrop: if ur toking abt the small sauce rack, it can be installed with drawer-type cabinet or open cabinet oso can, i feel its more solid after I compared the Hoe Kee, SSC n Songcho ones.

I bght a small one to do a sauces pull out rack, den later on I bght another one to put in my scvs yard for my washing powders n stuff (just squeezed in beside my WM)....Pretty useful n it hasnt rusted yet (for 3mths oni) even though theres water dripping on it now n then when I hang up clothes.

Hi,

I went to Song Cho and Hoe Kee to see at IMM, the part of the kitchen cabinet where I want to put the tray is quite narrow in width.. Hoe Kee doesnt seem to have the size, and the one at Song Cho is just nice.. wonder whether can fit in or not.. and my kitchen cabinet is not the drawer kind for that portion but an open door kind.. and the track is at the side.. and yup.. Song Cho charge quite ex..so not sure shld get or not..

Yup I like urs.. Btw is there a bottom track type? And where did ur ID get it? If I have the dimensions, is it possible to be able to create one? The price is quite cheap :dunno:

Thanks for help :drunk:

Mine is a bottom thread rack which allows me to have a pull-out door. Is still possible to have a side thread with casement door, provided that you have a wider cabinet width (need to consider the door hinges).

I'm not sure where my ID got it, will have to check with him. I believe these racks come with quite standard sizes (300-450mm), don't think if anyone does have custom made... even if do, it should be pretty expensive.

OOps....sorrie, I dint realise this is not Simpleboi's blog.....paiseh...

No problem, is a blog for information sharing. :dancingqueen:

Mine is a bottom thread rack which allows me to have a pull-out door. Is still possible to have a side thread with casement door, provided that you have a wider cabinet width (need to consider the door hinges).

I'm not sure where my ID got it, will have to check with him. I believe these racks come with quite standard sizes (300-450mm), don't think if anyone does have custom made... even if do, it should be pretty expensive.

Hi ahko,

Oh thanks thanks :)

think i get it liao.. pull-out need bottom track and casement door is side track..

My width is 150mm max, so think have to get around 130mm or less.. the smallest i saw was 150mm, so still wondering where to get smaller one.. think if cannot custom made then will have a problem..

Sorry, to ask, for bottom track.. the width can be the max right?

Thanks for help :dancingqueen:

Hi ahko,

Oh thanks thanks :)

think i get it liao.. pull-out need bottom track and casement door is side track..

My width is 150mm max, so think have to get around 130mm or less.. the smallest i saw was 150mm, so still wondering where to get smaller one.. think if cannot custom made then will have a problem..

Sorry, to ask, for bottom track.. the width can be the max right?

Thanks for help :dancingqueen:

Simpleboi, sorry if I confuse you... :)

You can have bottom or side track for both pull-out and casement. The only consideration is the casement hinge thickness will requires you to have a much wider width if you want to fix with a side track as compare to a bottom thread.

For your casement of 150mm width, you need to get < 130mm side thread, but you can stay as close as 150mm for bottom thread.

Just make sure that the rack can be pull out when you fully open the door (as not all doors can open beyond 90 degree)... :)

The smallest that i saw in Songcho is this (should be same as Greycat using):

7252S 8" Pull Out Basket

Dimension:

480mm x 203mm x 590mm

Edited by ahko

Simpleboi, sorry if I confuse you... :)

You can have bottom or side track for both pull-out and casement. The only consideration is the casement hinge thickness will requires you to have a much wider width if you want to fix with a side track as compare to a bottom thread.

For your casement of 150mm width, you need to get < 130mm side thread, but you can stay as close as 150mm for bottom thread.

Just make sure that the rack can be pull out when you fully open the door (as not all doors can open beyond 90 degree)... :thumbs up:

The smallest that i saw in Songcho is this (should be same as Greycat using):

7252S 8" Pull Out Basket

Dimension:

480mm x 203mm x 590mm

Hi ahko,

Ahhh..thanks for clarifying :)

Coz quite blur regarding this :)

My main worry now is whether after I buy will regret it or not if it cannot fit..

The one I saw at Songcho yesterday night is smaller one and just right for height and depth.. only the width is just nice.. thats the prob.. :)

Thanks again :(

Hi ahko,

Ahhh..thanks for clarifying :)

Coz quite blur regarding this :)

My main worry now is whether after I buy will regret it or not if it cannot fit..

The one I saw at Songcho yesterday night is smaller one and just right for height and depth.. only the width is just nice.. thats the prob.. :(

Thanks again :notti:

I went to lavendar this afternoon and pop into Songcho, but still couldn't find any 1 that is smaller enough to fit your cabinet... :(

I will let you know if I ever came across 1...

Btw, Greycat is paying for the quality as is a 316 SS. I suppose mine will change to Songcho in about a few years time... Hahaha :lol:

Edited by ahko