Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
crazycar

Our Journey Together

Update on 28 Feb 08

Today seems to be a slow moving day. Nothing much seems to happen. Only more tiles were laid, including our common toilet floor.

Another view of the master bedroom toilet.

CIMG0433.jpg

Another view of the common toilet.

CIMG0444.jpg

Common toilet floor tiles. Realised that the wall tiles and the floor tiles are not aligned? It this normal??? :P

CIMG0446.jpg

Edited by crazycar

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Update for 27 Feb 08

Master bedroom toilet wall tiles are up. Marble look alike white tiles.

CIMG0419.jpg

A closer look at the tiles.

CIMG0420.jpg

crazycar!! ur wall tiles in ur Mbr toilet is the same as mine in my 2nd toilet!! hahaha.. but different way of tiling thou.. :) really like this design hor.. cheap but look expensive.. hehe..

mine tile in this manner.

Picture186.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Edited by mafiawife

hi mafiawife,

ha ha, great minds think alike. :) and surprising the tile is not expensive. u got it from LSH too? BTW do you have problem with the tiles? some pieces of mine had some chipped off corners. :(

hi mafiawife,

ha ha, great minds think alike. :) and surprising the tile is not expensive. u got it from LSH too? BTW do you have problem with the tiles? some pieces of mine had some chipped off corners. :(

ya ya.. affortable and looks good! ;) i don know get from where, i just tell my ID wat i like my toilet to look like, so she source it den i just paid, i abit bo chap cos really tiring to revamp the house.. i cannot make it liao, too much things to look after.. so normally i get the ID to choose, den she will ask me whether it is ok to go ahead. so far she did quite a good job. :(

no lay.. so far the contractor nvr complain anything to me about the chip off tiles. u can do exchange rite?? cos not ur fault wat..

ya ya.. affortable and looks good! :sport-smiley-004: i don know get from where, i just tell my ID wat i like my toilet to look like, so she source it den i just paid, i abit bo chap cos really tiring to revamp the house.. i cannot make it liao, too much things to look after.. so normally i get the ID to choose, den she will ask me whether it is ok to go ahead. so far she did quite a good job. :sport-smiley-004:

no lay.. so far the contractor nvr complain anything to me about the chip off tiles. u can do exchange rite?? cos not ur fault wat..

After the grout lines are filled, the rough edges are not too obvious. still deciding whether to accept it or not. :)

Last Day of Feb 08 Updates

Today seems to be a good day. A lot of things were done. The kitchen floor tiles are fully laid.

CIMG0447.jpg

Kitchen Cabinet Base is set.

CIMG0449.jpg

The cement screeding for the bedroom is also finally done. When I went up at 11, it still look wet. :unsure:

CIMG0457.jpg

False ceiling **** hall with light holder is up. :jawdrop:

CIMG0451.jpg

False ceiling at the foyer area.

CIMG0453.jpg

Dangling wire for my rear speakers of my home theatre system. :)

CIMG0452.jpg

Edited by crazycar

03 March Updates

Grout lines for the kitchen filled. Dunno when the white grout lines will turn black. :sport-smiley-004: tiles for the cabinet base has also been laid.

CIMG0469A.jpg

Floor tiles for the master bedroom toilet done.

CIMG0476A.jpg

Partition wall at bedroom up. :sport-smiley-004:

CIMG0471A.jpg

Behind this door shall be the WIW.

CIMG0473A.jpg

False ceiling with cove lights at the master bedroom.

CIMG0472A.jpg

Car,

How much is your marble look wall tiles? Pardon my stupid question : the master & common toilet got box-up at the ceiling ar?

For those chipped tiles, you didn't change them?

Car,

How much is your marble look wall tiles? Pardon my stupid question : the master & common toilet got box-up at the ceiling ar?

For those chipped tiles, you didn't change them?

Hi,

If I remember correctly, I think it's $2.30 psf. The box-up at the toilets come original from HDB. :notti:

Well, there were some chips. But after grout line filled, they are not obvious anymore. Moreover, most are at non-noticeable area e.g. behind my future mirror, vanity cabinet etc. So I'm living with it as I think having to re-do them may cause more problem.

Reno is going at a slower pace now as wet work, ceiling work and electrical work all mostly done. In fact will be taking a 2 weeks break as will be waiting for the capentary shifu to be available. Today the first coat of painting is done.

Living room.... white all round with grey false ceiling.

CIMG0477A.jpg

Bedroom.... same theme. :dunno:

CIMG0480A.jpg

Not much development on the reno. So spend the weekends buying more stuff for our new home. Bought lights from PanTech @ Jurong East. Mainly PLC and fluorescent lights. But still come out to be $944! !!

Then today went to bought switches that we are going to replace for the whole house. Bought this series...

switch01.jpg

Quite cheap.... $1.40 for a 1-gang 1-way switch. :)

Hi Crazy...nice renovation!

So now are you waiting for carpentry works?

HAPPY

yalor.... waiting for the capentary shifu to come and take measurement, hopefully next week. then got to wait another 1-2 weeks for the fabrication of the capentary. meanwhile, the workers are doing touch up, general cleaning etc. not much activities and development. very sian now. :notti:

Last Sat ard 130pm I was at Blk26C 22nd level....

So many renovation going on there!

yalor.... waiting for the capentary shifu to come and take measurement, hopefully next week. then got to wait another 1-2 weeks for the fabrication of the capentary. meanwhile, the workers are doing touch up, general cleaning etc. not much activities and development. very sian now. !!

hihi,

can i check when you overlay kitchen wall tiles, what happen to your electrical swtiches? do you need an electrician to take it out or just lay over the tiles around the switches? :bow: