Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sophia

My 3rd Home In Yck

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It looks ok from the photos but actually it has quite a bit of problems. Here's a list of things we are doing:

1. Redoing the kitchen- cabinets and stove in BAD shape, tiles are awful and not my liking

2. Redoing all the 4 toilets- for hygiene purposes and also to remove the bath tub in the Master toilet

3. Redoing the false ceiling as we are rewiring and redoing the aircon

4. The attic will have new floor tiles as the parquet is in bad shape due to the poor upkeep. I will also change the windows to bi-fold doors. The small balcony will have polycarbonate shelter and wood decking.

5. MBR and guest room to have new wardrobes

6. Study room to have built in table and shelf.

The damage from the ID came out to be close to $68k without wiring and aircon. THis is already the best quote as we have asked 4 other IDs to give us quotations. I guess it's boils down to a good vibe that we have with our ID.

that sounds like a real huge project

redoing 4 toilets :notti::jawdrop:

the MBR bathroom was quite nice, but a little too dark :notti:

can't wait to see pix of the demolition works :bleah:

I also was surprised when we went to view the house. The usual; common toilet and master toilet, one at the yard area which is a smaller one and the room upstairs also has one.

The yard toilet will be used for general washing as well as for my dog( she's toilet trained, so good to put the newspapers there). I'm using the attic room as an entertainment area as it as a great view and a balcony. So guests do not need to go up and down to the toilet.

But, I 'm going to die cleaning though :notti:

DSCN0803.jpg

testing...... still trying to learn how to paste photo onto the blog.

aiyoh, why picture so big??? How to resize this? I am using photobucket. Any tips?

if you are logged into your accout, you can edit the pix size

can either use message board or one size smaller

i like big big pix leh 8|:~

please don't tell me this is your backyard :dribble: :dribble:

thanks for the tips. Will try again later when I go over to take more photos.

How I wish that 's my backyard :yamseng: It's a shot I took recently in Korea. This is Nami Island, the place where they film 'Winter Sonata'. It was part of the package, even though we didn't see the drama, just went along since the brochure showed good photos. The scenery is wonderful even though still winter.

In my previous house in Sembawang, I had a backyard which also opens to a garden, but not as nice as this.Will try to put up a picture if I can find it. But hor, the upkeeping is a KILLER :yamseng: The numerous leaves and dust is a reason why we sold the house.

In my previous house in Sembawang, I had a backyard which also opens to a garden, but not as nice as this.Will try to put up a picture if I can find it. But hor, the upkeeping is a KILLER :yamseng: The numerous leaves and dust is a reason why we sold the house.

DSCN0328.jpg

Testing again ..... My previous house backyard

Edited by sophia

hi sophia,

welcome to renotalk! ur house looks big! may i know how big is ur sq area in total?? 68k for reno to change so many things really quite a steal.. my house quite small but already paying like 60k plus for just reno exclude a/c n tiles.. all in all i guess with the white goods and funiture easily hit 100k.... haiz... everythings is so expensive nowadays.. :dribble: i know.. i know.. i whined again for the reno cost.. but really very ex compare to last time i do reno.. so sad.. hehehe...

cant wait to see ur transform!!

Edited by mafiawife

hi sophia,

welcome to renotalk! ur house looks big! may i know how big is ur sq area in total?? 68k for reno to change so many things really quite a steal.. my house quite small but already paying like 60k plus for just reno exclude a/c n tiles.. all in all i guess with the white goods and funiture easily hit 100k.... haiz... everythings is so expensive nowadays.. :dribble: i know.. i know.. i whined again for the reno cost.. but really very ex compare to last time i do reno.. so sad.. hehehe...

cant wait to see ur transform!!

Hi, the new place is 2001sqft. There are 3 bedrooms downstairs and one bedroom upstairs. The layout is quite unusual and we like the estate. The condo is about 5 years old but since the previous owner did not really take care we had to do alot more that we had hoped for. My budget was $60k so it looks like we really blew it. I read from your blog that you had an expensive first quote for your aircon, mine was even worse.....$8800 :dribble: Totally agree man that reno cost has really gone up. I did up my previous semi d(single storey) with a budget of $100k and boy was that MAJOR!