Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ch0c0l4te

Chiara's Little Sweet Home

tot my pipe placement bad enough..yours worse...heheheh :bangwall:

more pics from you :dribble:

My carpentry will be up this coming Friday. I'll try to post some pictures next week...

:good:

Edited by ch0c0l4te

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

These are my carpentries :

TV console and shoe rack

photo0115of1.jpg

By ch0c0l4te, shot with U700 at 2008-06-16

Book rack cum sliding door to the kitchen :wub:

photo0102ny8.jpg

My super long kitchen cabinet :sport-smiley-004:

photo0109pr3.jpg

Wardrobe. Sorry for the bad picture. :fire:

photo0096qk5.jpg

My daugther's wardrobe abd toys rack was still in the making (by her daddy) when i took this picture. But I posted her room instead :D

photo0105rg8.jpg

Edited by ch0c0l4te

i like the Book rack cum sliding door to the kitchen, very nice :good::good:

think your reno is quite good, when is the handover?

btw can also ask you how many downlights you have in the living room? you have any cove lighting except for the 1 near to TV console? cos from your picture see a bit dun see a bit leh..

cos i am having 4 downlight and about 6 PLC (to serve as cove lighting) in the living room..duno too dark or not leh..

Edited by babytan

i like the Book rack cum sliding door to the kitchen, very nice :good::good:

think your reno is quite good, when is the handover?

btw can also ask you how many downlights you have in the living room? you have any cove lighting except for the 1 near to TV console? cos from your picture see a bit dun see a bit leh..

cos i am having 4 downlight and about 6 PLC (to serve as cove lighting) in the living room..duno too dark or not leh..

Hey babytan!

Just thought I'd reply to your last qn. Mine is a 3NG resale unit and I just finished reno. (To note: We hacked the kitchen wall, the whole place has been significantly brightened up. We never open the main door nor corridor windows for additional light in the day/night.)

Living:

- 3 halogen downlights (1 for TV, 2 for "decoration")

- 1 ceiling light

- 1 floor lamp

Dining:

- 4 halogen downlights

Kitchen:

- 2 ceiling lights

The previous owner, who didn't hack kitchen wall needed 6 PLC downlights and 2 hamburger lights just to light up the living + dining area. My suggestion is that you make use of what you have. If you do need more lights, you can make use of a) floor lamps b) strategically placed mirrors to increase lighting. We found that it was cheaper than continually getting contractor to install new lights (each lighting point + installation of light + actual price of light) and added to aesthetic value.

Hope that helps you. :)

Edited by hposnm

hi hposnm thanks for your advice :yamseng:

you got any blog? like never seen yours leh..

my light all confirmed liao 4 DL + 9 PLC in living and yes we hacked away the wall between living and kitchen but rebuilt another full height facing main door due to FS issue..the other side is half side wall with half length glass and centre is glass sliding door..so still a little dark i guess..

but i just thinking as for current arrangement of 4 DL + 9 PLC for a 3 room should be sufficient right?

as for MBR only 3DL + 3 PLC as we not having ceiling light in the room also due to FS..

I wanted to put up a blog but then camera charger went missing during the house move so cloud neither take nor upload the photos. Now that I bought a new charger, I can't bear to take pictures until I pack/clean the place so once again, no pictures. Haha.

For my MBR I only have 1 hanging light and still need to get another wardrobe-area light.

My floor is a really dark laminate and the walls are dark beige. I feel it is quite dim (I like bright spaces), particularly at night. However, in the day, our place gets alot of natural sunlight. It's impossible to sleep past 8am without being woken by the sun!

my light all confirmed liao 4 DL + 9 PLC in living and yes we hacked away the wall between living and kitchen but rebuilt another full height facing main door due to FS issue..the other side is half side wall with half length glass and centre is glass sliding door..so still a little dark i guess..

but i just thinking as for current arrangement of 4 DL + 9 PLC for a 3 room should be sufficient right?

as for MBR only 3DL + 3 PLC as we not having ceiling light in the room also due to FS..

Jst saw 3D renderings. I think you shd be fine with the lights you have unless you decide to go with an extremely dark paint. My grandmother's plc has something similar and the place is bright enough.

But I think this can vary alot depending on the amount of natural sunlight you get in the first instance.

Hi Babytan,

I have 8 DL and 6 PLC in the living room..... :bath:

-Cindy-