Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Liana79B

Glossy Kitchen Cabinet Workmanship

need advise on laminate finishing. We chose glossy/piano black, dark red and white. is it normal to see wavy effect? anyone knows how to check the workmanship of laminate?

overall im happy with the wkmanship juz that the glossy finish im not tat sure if its normal to see the wavy effect.

fm pictures it looks ok so it doesnt help if i post a pic here, anyone got a similiar experience?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
need advise on laminate finishing. We chose glossy/piano black, dark red and white. is it normal to see wavy effect? anyone knows how to check the workmanship of laminate?

overall im happy with the wkmanship juz that the glossy finish im not tat sure if its normal to see the wavy effect.

fm pictures it looks ok so it doesnt help if i post a pic here, anyone got a similiar experience?

Its normal to see some wavy effect when gloss laminate is used.

Blum Motion for your kitchen.. nice choice! you used the "electrical" blum?... the one that you touch and it "pops"

Hi Liana..

I have the same colours as you for my kitchen cabinets!

Well, think its normal to see slight wavy effect, but make sure it is not too bad. A way to test is to see your own reflection. If your face is distorted badly or so, then probably there is a hollow area of the laminate that did not stick well enough onto the plywood.

And also check for deep scratches on the laminate. If your contractor protected the glossy part with film when they install and only remove them after they are done, usually this should be ok. For me, the carpenters transported the doors here without film and a few had visible scratches as a result. Quite unhappy about it, so my contractor bopian changed those few for me...hehe. :notti:

Its normal to see some wavy effect when gloss laminate is used.

Blum Motion for your kitchen.. nice choice! you used the "electrical" blum?... the one that you touch and it "pops"

not the electrical one- i got the drawers and hinges...hehe love it!!

Hi Liana..

Well, think its normal to see slight wavy effect, but make sure it is not too bad. A way to test is to see your own reflection. If your face is distorted badly or so, then probably there is a hollow area of the laminate that did not stick well enough onto the plywood.

And also check for deep scratches on the laminate. If your contractor protected the glossy part with film when they install and only remove them after they are done, usually this should be ok. For me, the carpenters transported the doors here without film and a few had visible scratches as a result. Quite unhappy about it, so my contractor bopian changed those few for me...hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

hehe thanks for the info...i will check on that..haiz am so worried abt it

Hi Liana..

And also check for deep scratches on the laminate. If your contractor protected the glossy part with film when they install and only remove them after they are done, usually this should be ok. For me, the carpenters transported the doors here without film and a few had visible scratches as a result. Quite unhappy about it, so my contractor bopian changed those few for me...hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

NIce kitchen!:sport-smiley-004:!