Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kastlekonfusion

Ceiling Fan: Minka Aire Cirque Or Sycamore Fan

I've been reading most of the forum threads about ceiling fan and also, checking out various online resource for the ceiling fan specifications, etc. So far, we have only seen 2 ceiling fans that we're interested to get.

Minka Aire Cirque Ceiling Fan Model F596-BN

5931(1).jpg

It was mentioned in G Squared's website that "This fan is OK for standard 8 foot ceilings."

Hansen Wholesale's website answered my question about shipping and did cautioned about the voltage.

We checked out surge's post on the Sycamore Fan and wonderful review; thus our other choice for ceiling fan.

Sycamore Fan from Sycamore Technology

fan_main.jpg

We think we'd need 5 sets - Master Bdrm, Guest Bdrm, Home Office, Entrance Hall and Lounge.

Have anyone seen these 2 ceilings fans during your shopping trips? Would you know how much it is?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i don't know where to get them but i assume you are NOT staying in a HDB flat?

coz only ceiling fans with 4" 'stems' are allowed for use in hdb flats

the first fan's stem looks too long, but a 4" stem will destroy it's beauty

as for the second one, i remember seeing 2 fellow forummers installing them

one the original and the other might have been a copy

the original cost slightly more than $1k while the 'copy' cost around $600+++ :bangwall:

i don't know where to get them but i assume you are NOT staying in a HDB flat?

coz only ceiling fans with 4" 'stems' are allowed for use in hdb flats

the first fan's stem looks too long, but a 4" stem will destroy it's beauty

as for the second one, i remember seeing 2 fellow forummers installing them

one the original and the other might have been a copy

the original cost slightly more than $1k while the 'copy' cost around $600+++ :yamseng:

You are probably right about the 4" stem. I'll leave it to the man to decide. :yamseng: I don't mind either ceiling fans but we must have ceiling fan in order to ventilate the rooms, esp. the lounge and home office when we work from home.

At our current rental, we do not have a ceiling fan and on most days, we have the air conditioning turned on for the whole day which is not exactly environmentally friendly. :D

We are sure looking forward to moving to our new place; more fresh air instead of being in an air conditioned room all day and night.

Sycamore Fan got copy?

Hb and I went to Elmark showroom earlier to see but decided to get this to cut cost.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/pink.../Picture369.jpg

Btw is the copy "safe"?

I just noticed from Sycamore Technology Distributors List that Elmark Marketing at 55 Ubi Avenue 1 #02-04/05/06 UBI 55 is their Singapore distributor. Does that mean the unit display at their showroom going for S$600+ is authentic? Btw, Pinkdewy, did you see the Sycamore Fan at the Elmark showroom?

Edited by kastlekonfusion

Yes, I saw the Sycamore Fan on display. They mount the silver one.

The service from the lady (Estelle) was very good. She offered to let us see the white one (in box).

After some thinking, hb and I decided to buy the Monte Carlo model. Fan + installation for $600.

Sycamore Fan is $1388 but I believe they offer 30% if buying at showroom.

I was told they are going to raise the price for export models very soon.