Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PROX

Out Of Idea To Place My Bed In Mbr

Read from FS book saying my bed cannot face the room door/toilet and under the window/beam.

However, based on my floor plan for my MBR, i cant seem to place it at any suitable spot.

the thumbnail is a little small but i hope you can see it. My MBR is the room with bathroom in it

http://imajr.com/Original.aspx?Id=cv.floorplan-982064

Edited by PROX

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Prox,

I am not a feng shui expert, but my advise for your bedroom 2 bed is not to have the feet pointing to the windows at all time. It is called a "Coffin" position.

Regarding MBR, it looks like there is not much choice, so just remember to always close the toilet door will do.

Try to wait for a reply from Mr Chong or consult a feng shui master if you are still unsure.

:yamseng:

Edited by Dracula

Read from FS book saying my bed cannot face the room door/toilet and under the window/beam.

However, based on my floor plan for my MBR, i cant seem to place it at any suitable spot.

the thumbnail is a little small but i hope you can see it. My MBR is the room with bathroom in it

http://imajr.com/Original.aspx?Id=cv.floorplan-982064

Hello

The above forummer that mentioned about hacking is one solution but if cost is the concern, you can look into one of the following:

1) Shift the bed headset to the windows. However, you must observe the following:

a) Make sure outside the window got no trees, lamp posts or sharp corner building.

b) For big open space outside the window, make sure you got thick anti-dust curtains drawn when sleeping. Your headset board if can't be high, must be thick (about min. 1 feet). Solid, not hollow.

2) If there's a building outside the window, stick reflective glass film.

This is a suggestion of protective way for people that have no choice but to place under the window.

If you want to maintain as per drawing, you can:

1) Place a partition or "Ping Feng" just outside your toilet door.

2) Place 5 old China coins beneath the door words against toilet, from right shunzi, kangxi, yongzheng, qianlong and jiaqing. Now this is the tricky part, some people sometimes notice that this won't work. The reason is that they got factory manufactured coins instead of the genuine old ones. Ask from a reliable retailer or look for rough words on the coin surface instead of the fine ones.

Whichever method, you still must keep the door closed.

I cant place it as per the picture because i will have extremely limited space between my bed and the toilet. Maybe around 2'

I will stick to your first suggestion which is the only way for me now.

Looking outside the mbr window is open space with elevated highway. It is not curve toward my block but rather straight across it. It is still under construction now. I will get a blind and curtain for my mbr window.

Also, 1' non-hollow headboard is not easy to find. If i get drawer type which is open from the sides, will that be alright? What if i cant fit the headboard? I am planning to get low height type of bed and get my contractor to construct a simple box from the window to the floor so i can place my table lamp on it. I will place my bed infront of the box. The box should be slightly higher than my bed. (around 1 feet maybe) but it is going to be hollow type. :(

my mbr is small. Cant even fit a king size bed. Instead, i need to get double bed.

And, i really appreciate your advice Mr.Chong and other forumers for helping me

Edited by PROX

I cant place it as per the picture because i will have extremely limited space between my bed and the toilet. Maybe around 2'

I will stick to your first suggestion which is the only way for me now.

Looking outside the mbr window is open space with elevated highway. It is not curve toward my block but rather straight across it. It is still under construction now. I will get a blind and curtain for my mbr window.

Also, 1' non-hollow headboard is not easy to find. If i get drawer type which is open from the sides, will that be alright? What if i cant fit the headboard? I am planning to get low height type of bed and get my contractor to construct a simple box from the window to the floor so i can place my table lamp on it. I will place my bed infront of the box. The box should be slightly higher than my bed. (around 1 feet maybe) but it is going to be hollow type. :(

my mbr is small. Cant even fit a king size bed. Instead, i need to get double bed.

And, i really appreciate your advice Mr.Chong and other forumers for helping me

Hello

Is the highway near to the height of your unit?

By right it is not suggestable to headset against the window. However, since there's not enough space, you need a thick headboard. Your contractor will know what to do (usually stuff cork or sawdust in between). Hopefully you have a high window sill, raise the height to same level (Or set the bed near to floor level). Before you do all these, make sure you feedback my first question.

I just went to my unit again and got mix up with other room view..

I posted my picture taken directly on my mbr from the center of the room.

The height of the elevated highway is around lvl 2-3 of my block. I am at lvl 8

http://imajr.com/10-04-08-1820-991179

I am going to ask my contractor to construct a wooden box from the bottom line of the window and stretch horizontally from one wall to another end. I will server as a place for me to put table lamp,headboard,etc and my bed is going to be place infront of it. Low height bed.

Mr Chong: Thanks for your help. I have been in dilemma with my mbr:( Really need someone to give me some guide. I have done research through books but not specific enough and dont have $$$ to get fs to come to my hse

Edited by PROX

I just went to my unit again and got mix up with other room view..

I posted my picture taken directly on my mbr from the center of the room.

The height of the elevated highway is around lvl 2-3 of my block. I am at lvl 8

http://imajr.com/10-04-08-1820-991179

I am going to ask my contractor to construct a wooden box from the bottom line of the window and stretch horizontally from one wall to another end. I will server as a place for me to put table lamp,headboard,etc and my bed is going to be place infront of it. Low height bed.

Mr Chong: Thanks for your help. I have been in dilemma with my mbr:( Really need someone to give me some guide. I have done research through books but not specific enough and dont have $$$ to get fs to come to my hse

Hello

After seeing the pic, I suggest your head against the wall. Use a partition at the toilet door area.