Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
socks

Users' Experience Of Roman Blinds

Hi All,

Im currently scouting for curtains & blinds. Am intending to do roman blind for living room (floor to ceiling height) and day+night/black-out curtains for 2 bedrooms.

After browsing through the many threads on curtains, it seems that roman blinds are very hard to maintain/clean. Is this true? Cause i really like its look, so am asking users of roman blinds how often you clean your blinds, your cleaning method, if and any diffculties in taking it down and installing it back, maintenance etc etc...

pls share! else, i may consider changing to roller blinds :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

At my mum's place, we did roman blinds. Yes, nice to look at but quite a chore to take it down for washing. Got to remove the strings behind individually, take out the metal rods in the curtain. After washing, got to thread the strings one by one thru the holes, insert back the metal rods. If not fix back properly, will be slanted/uneven when u pull up later. That was then, not sure if roman curtains of today still the same cos after this experience, did not bother to take a look at roman curtain for my own place. And mayb bcos of the poor quality of our pulling mechanism and the weight of the curtain, after a few years, the mechanism became not so smooth and it broke down like after 5 years. Now we just hang normal curtain on the roman blinds rod.

Floor to ceiling height, will be quite heavy. Make sure your pulling mechanism is good/strong enough.

oh no! sounds like a BIG chore and tedious one too. wonder if i'll be giving myself additional headache if i really go ahead with the roman blinds. what's more, i'm those who are even lazy to wash curtains! :bangwall:

in this case, i may consider changing to roller blinds or curtains. cause my living+dining is the sleek contemporary look and i love roman blinds, that's why i was thinking of having it in the living area. sigh.. and if i were to get those really good, top-notch mechanism type, it's going to be costly (n ive already exceeded my reno budget by about $15k). think i may have to abandon roman blinds afterall.. :(

Hi,

I saw this roman blind which use velco to attach to the track at spotlight, so it seems easy to take off and wash.

anyway, I asked around some shops, some said its roman curtain, some says its roman blind. so is there any difference?

and got some said roman curtain cheaper than normal curtain.

getting confused...